View Full Description
The Korg ARP Odyssey Mk3 features a 37-key slimkey keybed with a duophonic design that utilises 2 VCOs for optimal versatility, allowing you to use two different pitches simultaneously when playing two notes, opening up a world of possibilities when it comes to sound design. The high degress of pitch stability the ARP Odyssey is renowned for has been perfectly reproduce for optimal audio quality and functionality. The pitch itself is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz – 2kHz, ideal for creating the most unique sounds on the fly. The pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can also be controlled, allowing you to make in-depth changes to the sounds tonality and character.
ARP’s Original Circuitry
Incorporating the circuitry from the original ARP Odyssey models ensures optimal audio quality and versatility, producing the classic analog sound and vintage vibe that is so sought after. First introduced in 1972, the ARP Oddyssey has dominated the synthesizer market for years; and the complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry ensures you retain the classic, vintage sound the original was so infamous for. The original PPC based on a rubber pad also been reproduced, allowing you to control your pitch wand vibrato depth with ease, in proportion to the pressure you put on the pad.
Analog Design Meets Modern Innovations
The ARP Odyssey’s wide range of controls and parameters ensure you have optimal reign over your sound, allowing you achieve the sound you desire with ease. There are two types of envelope generator for added versatility – ADSR and AR. A ‘DRIVE’ switch has also been included to increase aggression in your sound, simply switch the DRIVE function on to generate extreme or subtle distortion. The Mk3 also features the three historic iterations of ARP’s low-pass filter circuit for added control, allowing you to get that analog low-end rumble associated with vintage synthesizers. The distinctive and unique S/H Mixer allows you to easily create sample and hold sounds by utilising the oscillator or noise generator as a source that is triggered by the LFO or keyboard. A portamento slide and transpose switch are also provided for added control of your sounds, allowing you to quickly and easily switch octaves as well as slide between notes.
The ARP Odyssey Mk3 also features a wide range of digital and analog connection, bringing the best of both worlds together for added functionality. Starting with the outputs, the ARP Odyssey Mk3 features both a 1/4’’ and XLR output for connecting the synth to a range of external audio equipment including speakers and more. An external audio input jack is also provided allowing you to process sound from an external device, opening up a world of possibilities when it comes to linking up units. The headphone jack allows you to play with the synth without disturbing others as well as being ideal for checking your sounds through a different format. The headphone jack also features integrated volume control for added convenience. You can also connect the headphone jack to the external audio jack creating a self-feedback which you can use to generate new sounds. CV, GATE and TRIG jacks are provided to let you send and receive analog signal to operate the instrument. For digital connectivity, Korg have included both MIDI IN and USB MIDI ports for connecting the synth to a computer. This is ideal for music producers who wish to utilise the ARP Odyssey in their favourite DAW, allowing you to implement the sounds you make into your musical productions. Additionally both 1/4’’ size and mini-size patch cables are included to get you started.
Hard Case & Patch Cables
A dedicated semi-hard case that's ideal for storage and transportation is included. It sports the classical ARP logo, and has a sophisticated finish in a black tone. The corrugated shell structure ensures excellent impact resistance, and internal cushioning and pocket for small items is also provided.
- A faithful, 86 -scale re-creation of a classic synth
- 37-note Slimkey keybed (no velocity sensitivity, no aftertouch - just like the original)
- Monophonic; two voices for duophonic (one oscillator each)
- Proportional Pitch Control pads; modulation pad
- White/pink noise generator
- Portamento speed control
- Two VCOs with Sawtooth, Square, and Dynamic Pulse waveforms (with PWM)
- Lowpass filter (resonant): 12 and 24dB/octave; frequency range: 16Hz-16kHz
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA), dynamic range: 80dB
- Ring Modulator (digital); Sample & Hold
- ADSR and AR envelope generators
- Low (1/4" TS) and High (XLR) output jacks; 1/4" TRS headphone jack
- External Audio Input jack (1/4" TS)
- MIDI In (DIN); USB (Type B)
- 1/8" TS CV In/Out, Gate In/Out, and Trig In/Out patch points
- Pedal and Portamento footswitch inputs
- Dedicated semi-hard case included
- Keyboard: 37 mini–keys, without velocity or aftertouch.
- Voicing: Monophonic/duophonic.
- Oscillators: Two (sawtooth and pulse/PWM waveforms) with sync and ring modulation.
- Noise: White/pink.
- LFO: One (sine, square).
- Sample & Hold: One, with output slew.
- VC LPF:
- Three versions equivalent to MkI (12dB/oct), MkII (24dB/oct) and MkIII (24dB/oct) Odysseys.
- Cutoff frequencies: all claimed 16Hz to 16kHz.
- All resonant and capable of self–oscillation.
- HPF: Claimed 16Hz to 16kHz.
- VCA: 80dB dynamic range.
- Two (one ADSR, one AR).
- Attack 5ms to 5s.
- Decay 10ms to 8s.
- Release 15ms to 10s (ADSR) and 10ms to 8s (AR).
- (These figures are identical to those quoted in the original ARP Odyssey service manual.)
- Performance facilities: PPC (bend up/down, vibrato), ±2 octave switch, portamento, plus portamento on/off and pedal controller inputs.
- Audio I/O: Low out, high out, headphones out, external signal in.
- Analogue I/O: CV In/Out (1V/oct), Trigger In/Out, Gate In/Out (10V output).
- Digital I/O: MIDI In (five–pin DIN), USB type B.
- Power: 9V DC.
- Dimensions: 498 x 379 x 120 mm.
- Weight: 5kg.
- Cosmetics: Three versions: MkI, MkII and MkIII livery, all with wrap–around vinyl cases and PPCs.
- One quarter–inch jack cable
- 3.5mm mini–jack cable
- Carry case