View Full Description
Choice of three modes
When the Tete is connected to your Tetrapad, you use the paired modules in three different modes: Voltages, Notes and Combo.
In Voltages mode, The Tete splits your Tetrapads control surface into banks that can store and recall eight simultaneous voltages. You can send pressure CV and Gate voltages when performing on the control surface and can even navigate these banks with external CV or trigger inputs for seamless integration to your existing Eurorack. You have the ability to record and playback the voltage recall of these locations in a looper style, or as a clocked sequence (SH-101 style). Additionally, you can traverse the matrix using the X and Y CV inputs to get Cartesian style sequencing. There is also a variable slew that allows you to morph/glide between the values.
Notes mode allows you to configure your Tetrapad's four touch-sensitive pads as a custom keyboard with up to 16 keys which can be configured using scales, chords or manually assigned notes. In sequencer mode, each step can be a tie, rest or gate with a size 25/50/75%. Notes mode is a quick and intuitive way to make musical chord sequences that can be manipulated easily, departing from traditional Eurorack sequencers to produce something unique to your performance to keep your audience and listeners engaged.
When using Combo mode, the Tete allows you to assign a unique behaviour to each one of Tetrapads four touch-sensitive pads and includes fader, bipolar fader, crossfader, euclidean sequencer, toggle switches, banks and LFO. When using the Combo mode, most of the functions can be quantised to selected scales for an ultra-precise performance that locks in with your music and never misses a beat. To keep you in control, when in Combo mode, the chosen function determines what type of signal is sent from each one of Tetrapads eight independent outputs, with the multi-coloured LED informing you of exactly what's happening within each mode.
Perfect companion for live performers
The Tete is the ultimate tool for the live musician looking to have deep and flexible control over their existing Eurorack and Tetrapad setup. Automatically remembering how you last configured the unit, the Tete retains these settings when powered off and instantly saves this state whenever you make a change. This means that the Tete will always power up with your last configuration exactly how you left it. Now you will never need to worry about creating that perfect sequence and losing your information, the Tete will keep your performances consistent night after night.
For further information regarding the Tete, please click here to view the User Manual
- Requires the Tetrapad to function
- Step-recording (Sequencing) Tetrapad performances of up to 256 steps.
- Real-time recording (Looping) of Tetrapad performances. Although technically limited only by the size of the microSD card, Tête’s interface is optimized for dealing with recordings around 5 minutes in length.
- Loopy performance mode in both the Looper and Sequencer, for repetitive stutter effects or even granular-level CV looping.
- Smart overdub with touch detection and a toggle to overdub “no touch” to your loop recordings.
- Dedicated transport controls to control (or follow) the rest of your modular.
- Three additional user-assignable CV outputs. For example, a CV output assigned to Position generates a continuous ramp that represents the position in the loop or sequence. This can be used with devices like the Planar 2 in Interpolation mode to sync the recorded patterns together no matter what tempo.
- External voltage control of Tête/Tetrapad with three user-assignable CV inputs (each with dedicated attenuversion), two user-assignable gate/trig inputs, and a dedicated clock input.
- Clockable either internally or to an external clock, with full clock division and multiplication capability.
- Visual representation of Tetrapad functions via its built-in screen.
- Ability to split pads into 2, 3 or 4 zones, enabling up to 16 possible voltage banks or a 16 note virtual “keyboard” in the Voltages and Notes modes.
- 99 User-presets for each Mode (Combo, Notes, and Voltages), each of which stores all the Mode Setup parameters; Tête’s CV Assignments, and an associated Sequence or Loop.
- Tête automatically remembers how you last configured it, and retains these settings when powered off. By default, Tête automatically and instantly saves its state whenever you make a change.
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 39mm
- Power: 120mA @ +12V / 6mA @ -12V
- Product code: TETE-3U