View Full Description
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 features a range of new enhancements and upgrades, with the most prominent being the introduction of polyphony to this, already renowned synthesizer. The bi-timbral operation features allows you to operating allows you to stack or split two independent sounds, giving you the ability to layer together sounds or assign two separate zones to the keyboard.
Another prominent new feature of the Rev 2 is waveshape modulation. This allows you to vary the pulse width of any of the four waveforms by dialing in the desired waveshape width or by using an LFO or other modulation source for a consistently moving timbre. The effects section has also been expanded with twice as many features as the original.
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 Analog Poly Synth now includes a premium-quality, five-octave, semi-weighted keybed designed for improved fluidity when playing. The semi-weighted keyboard acts emulates the feel of a real piano, providing velocity-sensitive keys that provide a new dynamic to your playing style. Other improvements include the integrated power supply as well as USB support and the crisp OLED display that provides visual feedback for all your controls and parameters.
Dedicated effect section
The effects section of the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 has been expanded with a range of new features. The effects section includes reverb, delays (standard and BBD), chorus, phase shifter, ring modulation as well as distortion. When the Rev 2 Synth is in split or stacked voice mode, you can apply a different effect to each layer for added versatility. The parameters of the effects can be modulation through the mod matrix, which is twice as expansive as the original Prophet, with 8 slots and more many source/destinations.
At the heart of the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 Analog Synth is the two DCO’s as well as a sub-octave generator on oscillator 1 per voice. 4 waveshapes are also included as well as a 2/4 pole low-pass, resonant Curtis filter on each voice. The Curtis filters are the exact same filters used in the original Prophet ’08 as well as many classic vintage instruments. The new polyphonic step sequencer provides up to 64 steps and 6 notes per step, giving you comprehensive control over sequences, rhythms and patterns you can create.
A different sequence can be created for each layer when working in stacked or split voice mode for added versatility. This allows you to create up to 4 different 16-step sequences. You can also rest during sequences and sync them to an external MIDI clock. The built-in arpeggiator features note repeat, re-latching and again it can be synced via a external MIDI clock.
- 8-Voice analog synthesizer
- Wide range of enhancements including introduction of polyphony
- 4 waveshapes
- 2/4 pole low-pass, resonant Curtis filter per voice
- Waveshape modulation
- Built-in effects section
- Semi-weighted, five-octave keybed with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Integrated power supply
- USB Support
- Crisp OLED display
- New polyphonic step sequencer allows up to 64 steps with 6 notes per step
- Separate gated sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice (plus sub octave on oscillator 1) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests. Separate 16 x 4 gated step sequencer. Each layer can have a separate sequence
- 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Selectable note value: 16th note, 8th note triplet, 8th note, dotted 8th note, quarter note
- One, two, or three octave range
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Note repeat
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
- 52 knobs and 20 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled African mahogany wood end panels
- Dimensions: 12.70″ (32.26 cm) W x 35.12″ (89.20 cm) L x 3.80″ (9.65 cm) H (2.30″ at front edge; the feet account for 0.25″ of the total height)
- Weight: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 kg)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.