View Full Description
Powerful Mono Synth
Dave Smith's Pro 2 is his most powerful synth ever. It has the same ergonomics and easy playability as the Prophet 12 but a distinctly different sound with an all-new dual analog filter architecture, a monster step sequencer, superwaves and digital bucket-brigade delay.
Classic Meets Cutting-Edge
The Pro 2 fuses classic analog synthesizer design and cutting-edge digital technology. It boasts four high-resolution digital oscillators, plus a sub oscillator. The oscillators produce both classic and complex wave shapes and can frequency and amplitude modulate each other in any operator and modulator configurations you choose for harmonically-rich FM and AM sounds. A set of character controls add high and low frequency boost, bit and sample rate reduction, and tape saturation emulation to the Pro 2's sonic palette.
Two New Vintage Inspired Filters
At the heart of the Pro 2 is an all new filter design. Filter 1 is a 4-pole low-pass design inspired by the original Prophet-5 filter. Filter 2 is a state-variable design inspired by the Oberheim SEM and can be continuously varied between low-pass, notch, and high-pass operation, with an optional band-pass mode. The two filters function in either serial or parallel, or anywhere in between. Two of the four oscillators can be routed through Filter 1 with the other two routed through Filter 2 for a broad range of tonal possibilities.
Advanced Step Sequencer
The Pro 2 has a super powerful step sequencer. With up to 32 steps and 16 tracks, it provides real-time input, rests, and variable-length sequences. It also syncs to MIDI clock and external audio input. Sequence tracks can control any parameter in the Pro 2's extensive modulation matrix.
Centre of Your Set-Up
The Pro 2's flexible connectivity opens the door to not only processing external audio, but also to interfacing with modular synths through its 4 rear-panel control voltage inputs and outputs and a dedicated gate output. Control voltages can be assigned and routed from within the modulation matrix and can run at audio rates for extreme modulation effects. Some of the many parameters that can be sent to the CV outputs include oscillators, LFOs, envelopes, and sequencer tracks, making the Pro 2 a natural choice for the centre of your studio or live setup.
The Pro 2's delay section provides three digital delays with pan, and high-pass and low-pass filtering controls. A fourth delay is a digital bucket-brigade delay (BBD) for analog-style effects. There are four loopable five-stage envelope generators, four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, a full-featured arpeggiator, and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with dozens of modulation sources and destinations.
Monophonic or Paraphonic
Dave Smith designed the Pro 2 primarily as a powerful mono-synth but it can also be used as a four voice paraphonic synth that allows you to control each of its four oscillators individually with their own envelope. This makes playing four-note chords not only possible, but very expressive. Package all of this power in a three-and-a-half octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, add two backlit pitch and mod wheels and two location and pressure sensitive touch sliders, and you've got one of the most feature-rich, awe-inspiring synthesizers Dave Smith ever created.
- Easy access controls, Includes 50 rotary encoders
- Duel vintage analog filter
- 4 digital oscillators plus sub-oscillator
- 32 step multi-track sequencer
- Control voltage in and out(cv), MIDI in/out and usb
- 4-voice paraphonic mode
- Super waves
- Audio input, envelope follower, process external audio through the filters,
- Features multi-tap delay from prophet 12
- Built in America
- Four DSP-based oscillators plus one sine wave sub oscillator
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- 13 Superwaves
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Shape modulation/pulse width/superwave detune amount
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync, individual Glide, Oscillator Slop
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru/Out 2 port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 4 CV inputs (4 x 1/8" jack)
- 4 CV outputs (4 x 1/8" jack)
- 1 Gate Out (1/8" jack))
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 1 expression pedal input
- 1 external audio input (1/4" phone jack)
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Walnut end panels and trim
- Dimensions: approximately 29.2" L x 12.8" W x 4.15" H (74.2 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- Weight: 18.7 lbs (8.5 kg)