View Full Description
A model synthesizer
The Behringer Poly D is a Model-D style analog synthesizer with a 37-note keybed and a polyphonic mode. Staying true to the original, the Poly D is a faithful recreation of the original. Behringer has payed close attention to the subtle details, basing its design on the original circuitry, complete with matches transistors and JFETs. Other premium-grade components include the high precision 0.1 percent thin film resistor and the polyphenylene sulphide capacitors.
Birthed in the 1970s, the original synth was revered by music artists around the world. Notable artists that used the original include Rick Wakeman, Jan Hammer, Keith Emerson and a whole host more. The original was a high-end synth with a hefty price tag, but Behringer are committed to paying homage whilst retaining an affordable price tag.
The original was renowned for its superior sound shaping and sculpting capabilities, providing the means to create unique sounds and tones. The 37-note, semi-weighted keybed provides velocity sensitivity, allowing for optimal expressiveness when playing. The pure analog signal path combined with the wide range of controls and the polyphonic design makes the Poly D a must have for sound designers.
Get in-depth with your sound creation
The Poly D is jam-packed with controls and parameters designed to put in the driving seat when it comes to creating sounds and tones. The analog circuitry delivers that classic vintage warmth that is so sought after. The synthesizer boasts five variable oscillators shapes as well as variable pulse widths for flexible tonality.
The classic 24dB ladder filter with resonance allows you to capture the essence of vintage sound creation. It provides multiple controls for the utmost flexibility including Cutoff Frequency, Emphasis and Contour parameters. You can toggle between two modes for selecting the frequency range. The simple Lo/Hi pass settings provide a quick and easy way to interact with your sounds.
Four ultra-flexible VCOs
At the heart of the Poly D are four flexible Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) complete with five waveforms to choose from. The first three oscillator’s waveforms are comprised of: triangular/saw, saw, square, wide pulse and narrow pulse. The fourth oscillator features triangular, reverse saw, saw, square, wide pulse and narrow pulse waveforms. You can adjust the oscillators using the ultra-wide, six-octave range. The exceptional flexibility and ability to blend waveforms makes the Poly D perfect for creating new and unique sounds.
Monophonic, polyphonic and unison modes
A trifecta of varying modes. The Poly D possess three separate synth modes, comprised of: monophonic, polyphonic and unison modes. When set to Mono, the Poly D provides the playing capabilities of a classic monophonic synth. This is perfect for creating full-sounding solo, bass lines and portamentos.
Switching to Poly mode allows for added depth, providing the ability to produce chords and stunning harmonies. Unison Mode provides the ability to thicken up your sound, by layering all of the Poly D’s voices on top of one another. This creates more harmonic content resulting in a fuller and richer sound.
- Analog synthesizer with quadruple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- 4-Voice polyphonic design with mono, unison and polyphonic mode
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity functionality
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1 percent thin Film resistors and Polyphenyline Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Amazing stereo chorus based on the authentic circuitry of the Juno 60* synthesizer
- Multiple-stage Delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Distortion circuitry modeled after the DS-1 adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 84 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Stereo outputs featuring servo-balanced stages for highest signal integrity
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection