View Full Description
Portable studio, sequencer and arranger
A comprehensive mini sampler with a touchscreen interface. The Blackbox from 1010music is a powerful and versatile sampling studio with a compact and sleek design. Create everything from loops and sequences to full-blown songs with this portable music making solution. The innovative design gives you everything you need to record audio, incorporate synths, chop samples and create your own compositions with ease.
Blackbox is a standalone sampler, eliminating the need for a computer. You can do everything from the built-in interface. The fast and fluid workflow will have you creating in no time. It even comes complete with a microSD card filled with 60 presets, around 9000 WAV files and the Blackbox firmware. You can even incorporate your own WAV samples for a truly customisable music making experience.
Intuitive touchscreen control
The main hub of the Blackbox is controlled via the crisp touchscreen interface. The touchscreen makes it easier than ever to interact with parameters, change settings, chop samples and arrange your compositions. Pinching the screen will make the interface zoom in, perfect for precision sample slicing.
The fast and intuitive interface is accompanied by two encoders on either side of the screen. These encoders are perfect for dialling in parameter settings and levels with optimal precision. It also makes browsing samples and settings more refined. Underneath the screen are a set of quick-access buttons for switching between different workspaces and settings. The ergonomic layout provides a fast and stress-free workflow that puts you totally in control.
Record samples and integrate your synths
Record your voice or instruments via a dynamic microphone. You can sing, rap or mic up a guitar cab and sample your own compositions directly to the Blackbox. With the built-in 24-bit ADC and DAC, the result is exceptional audio fidelity, capturing every nuance from your source audio.
You can integrate your synths, drum machines, controllers and other devices via the built-in USB MIDI device input. There is also a TRS MIDI input for triggering samples, notes and sequences. The 3.5mm audio input can also be great for use with synthesizers, such as Eurorack modules. Use your MIDI keyboard to control samples or capture your synth modules sounds; the Blackbox can do it all.
Make music anywhere, anytime
The compact and robust design makes the Blackbox one of the most portable samplers on the market. The small and lightweight housing makes it perfect for use anywhere. It can fit within the palm of your hand, but don’t let its small stature fool you, its jam-packed with useful features and connections. You can enjoy 4-note polyphony for samples and 2 note for clips and slicers, and you can stream long samples from the microSD card for up to hours on end.
It features a single audio input and three audio outputs for use with a range of musical gear. You can even play in peace thanks to the built-in headphone output. It also features TRS clock I/O and a TRS MIDI output for synchronising with external instruments. The robust unit is powered by USB and it can even run off a USB power block or wall outlet.
- Record, edit, and sequence using a familiar touchscreen interface
- Integrate synths, drum machines, and other devices to form your tabletop studio
- Capture samples, arrange sequences, and create songs without using a computer
- Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow
- Connect external hardware via USB to expand performance and control capabilities
- Record and play back hours of music with an expandable microSD memory slot
- Combine loops with different tempos using built-in synchronization and slicing
- Perform with drum loops and samples using one-shots
- Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design
- Streams long samples from the microSD card with a max sample size of 4 GB, which can be many hours
For more information on the Blackbox Sampler, please refer to the PDF above.
- Stereo Input(s): 1
- Stereo Audio Outputs:3
- Stereo Headphone Output(s): 1
- Sample Polyphony: 4 notes
- Clips and Slicers Polyphony: 2 notes
- Sample, Sequences and Song Section Per Preset: 16
- File Support: Supports 1 and 2 channel WAV files with 16, 24 or 32-bit resolution at any sample rate (48kHz preferred)
- ADC and DAC: 24-bit
- Other Inputs: USB/MIDI device input and TRS MIDI input
- Other Connections: TRS Clock I/O and TRS MIDI output
- Power: USB powered (Can be run off a USB power block or wall outlet)
- Weight: 0.91kg (2lbs)
- Dimensions: 5.5″ x 5″ x 1.25″ (14 cm x 13 cm x 3 cm)