View Full Description
X is for Xpression
The Zoom A1X Four takes the already feature-packed A1 Four effects pedal and gives you an expression pedal for more control. The expression pedal provides precise control over the volume, pitch and reverb of built in effects. Eight extra effects have been designed specifically for use with the expression pedal. The pedal can also be used for delay and wah effects.
Acoustic guitar modelling helps add depth to your performance. This not only helps bring solo performances to life but can be used to seamlessly integrate into group performances. With the A1X Four, you can have your live performances sounding like a studio recording.
The A1X Four achieves this with intuitive technology that varies for each instrument’s characteristics. For acoustic guitar, 15 factory presets give you all the characteristics of highly sought-after guitars. Modelling everything including the body shape of the guitar, you are able to apply specific EQ’s dependant on your guitar’s pickups. Warm and rich tones are available whether you’re looking for an unplugged performance sound, or finger picking country and blues. More presets are available within ZOOM guitar lab.
Give your sax some rock and roll growl
The A1X Four allows you to play naturally and adapts the effect to your instrument, ensuring all the power of your performance is captured and backed up with authentic effects. Customisable chorus effects can be used to emulate a classic jazz fusion sound. This utilises the A1X Four’s ‘SaxChrous’, a natural double track to help bring your saxophone to the forefront of live performances. EQ’s and compressions dedicated specifically to saxophones make it easy to develop your sound with the A1X Four.
Trumpets, violins and more
The A1X Four caters for trumpet players by adjusting the effect to your playing intensity. Low-pass filters are also applied to ensure the effect remains constant across your full playing range. One particular effect, the auto wah, will bring life to your performance whilst remaining tuned to your trumpet. The A1X Four uses different approaches to tailor violin and upright bass effects to your instruments. Responding to your bow, violin effects feature balanced saturation thanks to a unique frequency response across the entire range. By reducing the lows and raising the highs, the effect remains constant throughout your performance.
More body for your harmonica’s soul
The presets provide you with instant access to authentic sounding effects, with the A1X Four layout designed to make customising these simple. For harmonica, punchy blues sounds instantly transport you to the bars of New York. Other presets include the ‘Hm StevieW’, giving you the notorious harmonica sound of the legend himself. Avid harmonica players will be aware of the green bullet microphone, widely regarded as the best harmonica microphone available. The A1X Four ‘Hm Juke’ patch can give your current microphone the green bullet treatment.
Become your own band
ZOOM Guitar Lab is free software that allows you to customise effects using your laptop or computer. These can then be placed on your A1X Four via USB. The built in looper, allowing recording up to 30 seconds, means you can create an entire backdrop to your instrument. Mix this with the 68 drum patterns and you’ve got yourself a band. Anti-feedback technology makes all of this possible whilst reducing frequencies likely to feedback.
The included MAA-1 adapter can be used to connect a microphone to the A1X Four. By providing phantom power, you are able to use either dynamic or condenser microphones. Loudness control and a peak indicator allow you to adjust gain settings prior to reaching the A1X Four.
- Offer over 90 built-in effects
- Dedicated effects for acoustic guitar, saxophone, trumpet, violin, and harmonica
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Looper for recording up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns tailored for unplugged styles of music can be used in combination with the Looper
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 18 hours, MAA-1 Requires 2 AA batteries
- USB port for firmware updates, power and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab
- Maximum number of simultaneous effects: 5
- User patches: 50
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Display: 128x32 dot matrix LCD
- Input: Standard mono phone jack
- Rated input level: -20 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 470 kΩ
- AUX IN: Stereo mini jack
- Rated input level: -10 dBu
- Input impedance (line): 1kΩ
- Output: Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphone)
- Maximum output level:
- Line: +2 dBu (10 kΩ or more output impedance)
- Headphones: 17 mW + 17 mW (32Ω load)
- Input S/N: 120dB
- Noise floor (residual noise): -97 dBu
- AC Adapter, 9V DC 500mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16)
- 4 AA batteries (about 18 hours continuous operation time when using alkaline batteries with the LCD backlight off)
- Power can also be supplied through the USB port.
- USB: USB MIDI, USB Micro-B
- External dimensions:
- Height: 156 mm (D) × 216 mm (W) × 52 mm (H)
- Weight: 610 g (excluding batteries)
Product code: ZFXA1FOUR
- Input: XLR balanced input (2: hot)
- Input gain: +3 – +30 dB
- Input impedance: 10 kΩ
- Maximum input level: +4 dBu
- Output: Standard mono phone jack
- Nominal output level: −20 dBu
- Maximum output level: +7 dBu
- Output impedance: 1 kΩ
- External dimensions: 177 mm (D) × 23 mm (W) × 25 mm (H)
- Weight: 70 g (excluding batteries)