View Full Description
The dreadnought body shape is the most popular acoustic guitar style of the last half century, and features in all sorts of musical genres including country, bluegrass, folk, blues, rock, pop, and many more. Its naturally cavernous body provides excellent acoustic volume and a full range tonality that is perfect for both playing unplugged and through an amplifier. Whether you like to strum, finger-pick or flat-pick, the GD11MCE has the capability to cover every style at a thoroughly accessible price point.
The GD11MCE is constructed entirely from quality solid mahogany and braced with an X-brace pattern, just like more expensive instruments. The mahogany is finished in a natural protection to show off its distinctive warm hue. The colour of the wood is a good indication of how this guitar sounds, and the GD11MCE delivers a warm tonality with a sweet-sounding mid-range to contrast the body shape's natural mid-cut.
The natural finish provides a soft and tactile feel, helping you glide up and down the neck; its light-weight nature also assists with the guitar's resonance and sustain.
Takamine Pickup/Preamp System
The GD11MCE features Takamine's TP-4T pickup and preamp system so you can plug it into an amplifier or mixing desk and perform live on stage (or make direct recordings).The TP-4T is mounted on the upper bout of the guitar body and has controls to alter your sound, including a full 3-band EQ for sculpting your tone.
A handy built-in tuner also provides the ability to make quick tuning adjustments in-between songs, with a clear LCD screen on the top of the guitar.
Despite this guitar's thoroughly reasonable price, it manages to provide a quality package with solid tonewoods and the ability to play on-stage or at home. The GD11MCE will sound equally as good amplified or unplugged and provide an easy playing experience for developing musicians and experts alike.
- Quality all-mahogany body and neck construction
- Mahogany provides warmth and resonance with distinctly sweet mid-range
- Dreadnought body shape for loud acoustic volume and full-frequency response with slight mid scoop
- Single cutaway for enhanced high-fret access
- Natural finish for smooth tactile feel and increased resonance
- Takamine TP-4T pickup/preamp system for natural amplification for gigs and rehearsals
- Handy built-in tuner and 3-band EQ for tonal sculpting when amplified
Body & Bridge
- Body shape: Dreadnought with cutaway
- Top: Mahogany
- Bottom and sides: Mahogany
- Construction: Quartersawn X bracing
- Colour: Natural matte
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 20
- Scale: 648mm
- Nut width: 43mm
- Pickup: Takamine TP4T pickup system
- Controls: Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain, Tuner
- Battery: 006P (9V)
- Tuner: Built-in