View Full Description
Meris Effects Pedals
Following on from the success of scoring Premier Guitar's Gear Award for their Mercury 7 Reverb Pedal, Meris continue to add to their line of floor-based units with the Polymoon Delay Pedal. Meris are focused on producing the highest quality of premium sound devices, all made locally in the Greater Los Angeles area. This pedal takes inspiration from their range of studio preamps and effects units, packaging a wealth of sounds ready to manipulate in a road-ready and durable unit. Musicians will love the switchable input headroom as this pedal can be setup to allow guitar, synthesizer or line-level inputs. This ensures that, whilst the unit is in a pedal format, it can be used in the studio just as easily as on the road.
Premium Components Create Studio Quality Sound Effects
The Meris Polymoon utilises premium 24-bit stereo analogue-digital conversion alongside a JFET input section to ensure that whatever instrument or signal enters the pedal, you can be sure it will leave with no degradation or interference. The premium 32-bit DSP provides a huge amount of processing power to enable the vast amount of sound manipulation available in this device. The fact that Meris choose to keep all their production in the local Los Angeles area shows their dedication in crafting high quality products, and you can be sure that this pedal will last on the road for years to come. When describing their 440 Mic Preamps, Meris state that they have "No Fake Weight", and that every component is chosen for its performance and reliability. Rest assured that this pedal will be crafted with the highest quality of internal parts and that it will also contain "No Fake Weight".
Ultimate Flexibility And Soundscape Creation
The inspiration for the Polymoon comes from the way Alan Holdsworth and Frank Zappa would cascade multiple effects units into one another, creating unpredictable and unique soundscapes. This pedal is designed to take this concept to the next level, by offering the ability to manipulate every single parameter and take your sound to places as strange and distant as you desire. Tidal soundscapes and super-modulated repeat trails are all available in the Polymoon, and can be accessed with the simple twist of a few dials. Initial delays can cascade into one another and be modulated along the line, meaning that initial sounds can vary dramatically as you experiment with how your repeats are altered. This is a unit designed for artists to push at the boundaries of soundscape creation, and like their Mercury 7 Reverb Pedal, the Polymoon can be thought of as an instrument in its own right.
Expression Pedal Control & Features Beyond The Surface
Despite the simple outward appearance, the Polymoon offers plenty more features under-the-hood. Every dial is dual function and offers full control over delay repeats, delay time, modulations, tempos, phase, and much more. The pedal also has an expression pedal input which allows for the user to seamlessly blend between two completely separate presets. It can be setup to control every parameter simultaneously and offers a world of possibilities.
Manual Mode And Preset Mode In One Unit
For those users who like to experiment with sounds and live manipulation, the Polymoon works in a standard manual mode where every dial will affect a certain parameter. However, for musicians who want the ultimate control, the Polymoon offers deep MIDI implementation and gives both MIDI in and out via the expression jack. This enables complete control of every dial and parameter, or access to saved presets to recall at an instant. The Polymoon gives you the the ability to tweak and manipulate sounds live, and to also store them in internal memory and access them instantly. These features make it an incredible tool for both live performance and studio use.
Beyond The Average Delay Pedal
The Polymoon offers a vast array of features in a surprisingly compact and portable package, and is a powerful tool for both live performances and in the studio.
- Premium quality 24 bit A/D and D/A with premium low noise analog signal path throughout
- Digitally controlled analog dry path for wet/dry mix
- Analog Devices JFET input circuitry
- Selectable true bypass (relay) or analog buffered bypass
- Dual function controls with a vast array of parameters
- Deep MIDI implementation offers external control of every parameter
- Official Meris Polymoon Manual
- Super-Modulated multiple tap delay
- 1200mS real time selectable multiple-tap delay line
- Massive multi LFO modulation controls
- 6 custom tuned LFOs with adjustable waveforms for subtle to aggressive pitch shifting effects
- Adjustable Tilt EQ filter in delay feedback
- Tempo syncable stereo Barberpole Phaser
- Multimode stereo Dynamic Flanger w/ feedback
- Unique feedback topology
- Dimension control for smearing reflections
- Selectable quarter or dotted eighth note Tap Tempo
- Digitally controlled Analog mix control
- Stereo input and output
- Switchable input output headroom level for Guitar, Synthesizer or Line levels
- Expression pedal control over all parameters simultaneously
- Presets available via external 4-Preset switch or MIDI
- MIDI in/out over TRS via the EXP jack
- External Tap Tempo over TRS
- MIDI beat clock synchronization
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Colour – white powder coat with fine iridescent flake
- Designed and built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.