View Full Description
Loaded With Fishman Sonitone Preamp
Equipped with a discreet Fishman Sonitone preamp, the Martin LX1E Little Martin provides basic sound adjustments for both live and rehearsal settings. Placed just within the soundhole, you can easily alter your amplified tone precisely and quickly. The Fishman Sonitone preamp is versatile and responsive, featuring rotary controls for tone and volume. With this, players can shape their sound by simply plugging in to an amplifier or PA system, perfect for the performing musicians.
Mahogany High Pressure Laminate Body
The Martin LX1E features a body crafted from mahogany High Pressure Laminate offering players a bold yet well-balanced sound blended with a wood-like appearance. In addition, its HPL body produces a unique tone that accommodates for a wide range of genres and playing styles. HPL is an engineered material, designed specifically to make guitars extremely durable and resistant to humidity. Topped with solid sitka spruce, the Martin LX1E yields a broad dynamic range, with an articulate and responsive sound.
Rust Birch Laminate Neck and Certified Richlite Fingerboard
This Martin's neck is made from a smooth, hand rubbed rust birch laminate, and it is paired with a certified richlite fingerboard. Its neck offers a smooth playing experience, whilst its fingerboard simulates the sonically pleasing nature of ebony, adding sustain a plenty of bite to the overall sound. Constructed from recycled paper and phenolic resin, Richlite has quickly become popular with many guitar manufacturers as an eco-friendly alternative to traditional fingerboard woods, due to its fantastic playability.
About Martin Guitars
Founded by C. F. Martin Snr. in 1833, began applying his furniture making skills to the crafting of acoustic guitars. Martin Guitars quickly established an enviable reputation for quality and tone. In many ways, the illustrious history of Martin Guitars is the history of the acoustic guitar as we know it today. The Dreadnought is the most popular and copied shape of acoustic guitar of all time, named after a British battleship. The Dreadnought has become the staple core of acoustic guitars.
Martin's instruments have been played by everyone from Elvis Presley to Coldplay. Their designs past and present have had a massive influence on virtually every other acoustic guitar maker in existence. Martin's current range of more than 120 instruments represents the very best in 21st century cutting edge manufacturing techniques, while retaining immaculate craftsmanship and the warmth and appeal of vintage instruments.
Body & Bridge
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified X Series ''X''
- Top Braces: Crowned Cross Brace
- Back Material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side Material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Bridge: Belly style, Richlite
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Birch Laminate - Rust
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/LX Taper
- Headplate: Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Scale Length: 23''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/16''
Electronics & Hardware
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome w/ Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: none
- Case: Padded Gig Bag
- Interior Label: Black Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
Please note: Martin do not ship their guitars with the strap button installed on the bottom of the guitar. They do this to avoid any impact cracks that may occur during shipping. You can find your strap button inside the case compartment.