View Full Description
A Worlds First
When the Unicorn V1 was first brought out back in 2015, it was the world’s first bulb-driven photocell modulator with tap tempo, ratio, external tap control, and an external rate control which is accessible via an expression pedal. The Unicorn Pedal is built with the same analogue photocell topology as the original units, delivering warm, touch-sensitive tones and a vintage character reminiscent of artists like Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and Robin Trower. Also, like the originals, JHS Pedals added a toggle switch to choose between a uni-vibe effect, and a traditional Vibrato setting.
The V2 Model
When it came to upgrading the Unicorn Uni-Vibe, the engineers at JHS Pedals only saw perfection. Everything about the pedal had delivered what they set out to deliver, the only other thing that could be done was make it more pedalboard friendly. The second iteration of the Unicorn pedal shrinks its size by half, making it even more portable and decreasing its footprint on your pedalboard.
World Recognised Boutique Pedals
JHS Pedals has evolved from a one man, bedroom operation, to a world recognised boutique effects pedal company, featuring simplistic designs with hand-wired components. Josh Scott, founder of JHS Pedals, began by modifying pedals he had on his personal board. Years of touring and session work led Josh to realise exactly what it is that players want from their pedals which meant building them from the ground up to achieve perfection.
Hand Built to Perfection
JHS Pedals are hand-built in Kansas City USA, the company has a core value that JHS builders will never be replaced by robots. Every boutique JHS pedal is made and tested by a highly skilled pedal builder to ensure that every JHS pedal is crafted to perfection.
- V2 Model Reduces the original's size by half
- Built with the analogue photocell topology as the original units
- All-analogue signal path offers a warm and touch-sensitive tone
- Dry/wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe and vibrato effect
- Input for internal and expression control over the rate setting
- Internal tap/expression mini switch controls the side-mounted tap/exp TRS jack
- Four knob and mini toggle controls offers a world of syrupy, modulated tones
- Right side control speed, left side controls tone, and toggle changes effect
- Type: Modulator
- Controls: Volume, Ratio, Speed, Depth, Dry/Wet Toggle
- Finish: Blue
- Graphics: Unicorn Icon
- I/O Connection: 1/4" Jack
- Dimensions: 2.2'' x 4.8'' x 1.6''
Please Note: Pedal does not come with a power supply.