View Full Description
The Ravish Sitar can also transform your standard guitar tone in other ways too - including sympathetic strings, drones, pseudo-12-string emulation - and there's even a freeze function.
The Ravish Sitar features three independent level controls, one each for the Dry sound, Lead voice and Sympathetic strings. There are also individual Timbre controls for the Lead voice and the Sympathetic strings. The Timbre controls act like filter controls and introduce more harmonics as they are turned clockwise.
I/Os include a ¼" Instrument input as well as two ¼" outputs: Main Out which sums the Dry, Lead and Sympathetic voices, plus Sympathetic Out which isolates only the Sympathetic signal.
A conventional sitar is usually re-tuned for each raga that an artist performs. The Ravish Sitar enables the player to quickly choose a Sympathetic key by playing a note on his guitar, or select keys and scales for the Sympathetic strings, including major, minor and a selection of exotic scales. In addition, the Ravish Sitar allows the musician to enter their own custom scale and then save it to a preset.
Two Expression pedal inputs are also provided, one for Drone and one for Pitch. With an optional expression pedal, the guitarist can control the level of and freeze the Sympathetic strings (Drone) or bend the pitch of the Lead voice up from one semitone to a full octave (Pitch).
The Ravish Sitar comes equipped with ten factory preset programs, and a user can create, recall and store up to ten of their own programs in those memory locations.
- Transform your electric guitar into a sitar
- Lead sitar voice tracks your notes polyphonically with a wide range of tonal possibilities
- Selectable decay speed for the Lead voice
- Sympathetic string drone simulation with a wide tonal range
- Selectable keys and scales including major, minor and exotic provided for the Sympathetic strings
- Create custom Sympathetic string scales from your guitar
- Ability to choose the Sympathetic key by playing a note on your guitar
- Modulation adds movement to the sympathetic strings
- Bend the pitch of your Lead voice notes using an optional expression pedal
- Control the volume of the Sympathetic drone using an optional expression pedal
- Separate Main Output for all voices plus a secondary Sympathetic Only Output
- Save and recall 9 presets
- 9 Volt power supply provided
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.