View Full Description
Shape your sound
A sound for every style. No matter what you play, the Chicago Bass lets you tailor your tone to fit a diverse range of genres and playing techniques. It all starts with the pickups. A powerful combination of passive single-coil and split-coil pickups open-up a whole world of sonic discovery. From fat, tight, warm, and rounded, all the way to bright and aggressive with plenty of bite. The Chicago's versatile pickup configuration gives you a diverse sonic palette.
Two dedicated Tone knobs (one for each pickup) let you dial-in the perfect amount of treble, with two Volume knobs for setting the level of each. You can even turn either pickup off completely if you want the sound of one pickup in particular. Your tone is in your hands, and from the moment you plug your bass in, you'll be able to glide between sounds with ease with complete tonal freedom.
Find your flow
Got your tone dialled in? Then start plucking those strings. From the first fret to the 24th, the Chicago's maple neck lets your hand float across the fretboard without obstructions. Whether you're nailing that punchy walking bassline, or experimenting and improvising further up the neck. The Chicago lets you express yourself exactly the way you want to without holding you back.
It's not all just in the neck either. Every aspect of the Chicago Bass Guitar has been built to make playing a fun and comfortable experience. The lightweight body features ergonomic contours to fit you, whilst the wide cutaways give you even more access to those higher frets. Even the control knobs are in close-proximity so you can make quick adjustments on the fly. We wanted to make sure that you could have a bass that you would want to pick up with every chance you get. Because if you have an instrument that feels right, then you're guaranteed to play better.
"Jamming with the Chicago Bass Guitar is easy and enjoyable... it's capable, playable and has a street price that's equivalent to around five packets of strings." - MusicRadar.com
- Scale Length: 34" / 864mm
- Number Of Strings: 4
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt On
- Body Material: Paulownia
- Colour: Sunburst Gloss Top / Black Gloss Back and Sides
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard: Oiled Poplar Laminate
- Neck Depth: 22mm at 1st Fret / 23.5mm at 12th Fret
- Radius: 15.75" / 401mm
- Profile: C
- Frets: 24 Nickel Silver, Medium-Jumbo
- Inlays: Fretboard White Dots 6mm, Side Dots White 2mm
- Neck Finish: Natural Satin
- Nut: 42mm Nut Width - Black Plastic
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: JB Linear Humbucker, Open Coil Black
- Neck Pickup: PB Split Humbucker, Open Coil Black
- Controls: 2 Volume, 500k Pot / 2 Tone, 500k Pot
- Input Jack: Side Mounted Plate Input
- Tuners: Die-Cast Sealed
- Bridge: Single Saddle Bridge System
- Bridge Width: 57mm (14.25mm String Spacing)
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Accessories Included: Gigbag, Strap, Jack Cable, Plectrums, Allen Keys
- String Gauge: 40-95
- Length: 1100mm
- Body Length: 200mm
- Upper Bout: 120mm
- Lower Bout: 160mm
- Depth: 40mm
15W Bass Amp
- Front Panel Controls: Master Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence
- Bass Guitar Input: (1/4" Jack)
- Headphone output: (1/4" Jack, Speaker defeating)
- Dimensions: 294mm (W) x 300mm (H) x 110mm (D)
- Weight: 3.7 kg
Music is for everyone, so we’re making it easier for you to start playing. Backed by our years of professional experience, the Gear4music range gives you access to a vast collection of instruments, audio gear and accessories. Produced ethically and responsibly, they're suitable for every musical interest while meeting the expectations of a caring world. There’s never been a better time to start making music.
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.