View Full Description
No more messy cable runs
Whether you're running long cable runs between your equipment, or trying to transmit audio between distant rooms. Radial's Catapult Mini system gives you a highly effective and intuitive solution without sacrificing audio quality. Equipped with four XLR connectors that are wired directly to an RJ45 connector, the Catapult Mini TX allows you to send four channels of balanced audio to your Catapult Mini RX via a single standard shielded Cat 5 Ethernet cable.
This has many benefits. The most obvious is that it dramatically reduces complicated cable runs, keeping your venue or workspace tidy and safe. There's no need for bulky multi-channel audio snakes anymore. The Catapult Mini system lets you transmit your audio over long distances whilst maintaining the original quality of your audio signal. This can be used for both mic and line level signals, giving you outstanding versatility when it comes to routing your gear.
This innovative solution also allows you to make use of pre-installed Cat 5 cabling. Many buildings in this day and age feature this pre-installed wiring, meaning you can plug into the Cat 5 sockets to transmit your signal between distant rooms. You don't have to worry about the trip hazard of running your standard audio cables from room to room anymore. Simply hook up your Mini TX (not included) to the Cat 5 input socket of one room, and your Mini RX to the Cat 5 output socket of another, then connect your gear and you're all set.
Rugged and reliable
Don't let the Catapult Mini's compact and lightweight design fool you. Living up to Radial's reputation for producing gear that is built to last, every Catapult Mini component has been crafted to provide you with years of reliable use. A rugged 16-gauge steel chassis means the Catapult Mini can withstand any touring environment with ease, whilst its powder coated finish keeps it looking fresh for every show.
The Catapult Mini system also utilises high quality connectors, and straight wire connections between the XLR and RJ45 connectors, ensuring reliable signal transmission with no colouration or distortion. Each XLR connector also features a colour-coded heatshrink label for easy channel identification at a glance, whilst Expando Mesh sheathing gives the cable runs to the box incredible durability and protection. And with Radial's 3-year transferable warranty, you can rest-assured that your Catapult Mini system is in safe hands.
- Compact passive audio snakes that enable you to send and receive four channels of analog audio over standard Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable
- Receiver with male XLR connectors for connecting to your mixer, interface, or recorder
- Transmitter with female XLR connectors for connecting to either mic or line level sound sources
- RJ45 input connector for hooking up standard Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable
- Allows you to send and receive mic or line level signals from distant locations without signal loss, noise, or interference
- No digital audio conversion is needed, your high-quality analogue signal is maintained throughout the signal chain
- Allows you to utilise standard shielded Cat 5 Ethernet cable which is widely available, lightweight, and economical
- Easy to connect the two Catapult modules which then use analog conductors in the cable to deliver four balanced audio lines to any destination
- Enables you to make use of pre-existing cable installations that are pre-wired for Cat 5
- Perfect for transmitting audio between distant rooms without the need to install or supply new cabling
- Removes the need for bulky and expensive multi-channel audio cable, allowing contractors to benefit from pre-installed network cables for connecting rooms
- Passive design required no power to operate and doesn't require any signal conversion
- Straight-wire connections from the XLR connectors to the RJ45 connector ensures audio passes through without colouration or distortion
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive splitter
- Frequency Response: 7Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 140dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0005-percent at 1kHz
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: Greater than 103dB
- Maximum Input: +35dBu
- Input Connector: Male XLR
- Output Connector: RJ45
- Construction: 16-gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Dimensions: 105mm x 40mm x 33mm (L x W x D) (each)
- Weight: 0.4kg (each)