View Full Description
The R24 can function as an audio interface supporting 8 inputs and 2 outputs, enabling direct input of sounds to a computer. Support for 24-bit/96-kHz encoding ensures high-quality sound and 8 inputs and 2 outputs can be used simultaneously. The internal DSP effects can be used when the sampling rate is 44.1 kHz. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct input sound when monitoring.
Control surface functions for most DAW software
The R24 can be used as a control surface for DAW transport functions (play, record, stop) and mixing operations. You can easily move multiple faders at the same time, which is very difficult to do with a mouse! You can also assign the five function keys to various DAW software commands. Cubase, Logic, Sonar and other major DAW applications are supported in Mackie Control emulation mode.
24-voice sampler with 8 pads and 3 banks
The built-in sampler functions allow you to use audio files on any tracks as loops. Play the pads in real-time and create performance for an entire track by combining loops. Use the display of the audio waveform for visual confirmation when setting loop intervals. Use time-stretching to change the tempo of a file without changing its pitch, and trim unneeded parts of loops. The sampler and recorder can be used together seamlessly, allowing you to record instrument performances while playing back loops on other tracks.
Create your own beats with the powerful rhythm machine
The R24 has a powerful drum machine with 10 types of drum kits that use linear PCM samples. With the touch sensitive drum pads, you can program your own original beats and save up to 511 of them. The rhythm patterns that you create can be used just like the audio loops. You can trigger patterns with the pads and use them in the unit's sequencer to arrange songs. The 472 preset patterns include intros, fills, endings and other phrase variations.
(1) : Synchronization precision is accurate to about 1 to 2 msec.
(2) : When using an R16 as the second unit, 16 tracks of simultaneous recording and 40 tracks of simultaneous playback are possible.
Guitar amp modeling and other DSP effects total 150 types
The DSP effects, which include 150 types and 390 patches, can be used for recording, mixing and mastering. Three types of effects - the insert effect and the two send-return effects - can all be used at the same time. You can achieve a powerful amp sound just by connecting a guitar or bass directly to the R24 and using one of the 18 types of guitar amp models or 6 types of bass amp models that have been brought straight from our best-selling G2nu effects unit. You can also use the 8xCOMP EQ effect, which lets you apply compression and EQ to 8 channels simultaneously.
Locate functions make editing easier
Set up to 100 markers and directly move to them whenever you want. Other convenient editing functions include A-B repeat playback of a designated interval and auto punch-in and punch-out.
Versatile inputs for guitars, mics and line sources
The R24 can handle a variety of input sources. The unit is equipped with 8 input jacks that accept both XLR and standard phone connectors, including 6 that can supply phantom power, allowing the use of multiple condenser microphones for serious multi-mic recording. Use the channel with a Hi-Z switch to input electric guitars, basses and other high impedance instruments.
Supports SDHC cards with capacities of up to 32GB
The R24 uses compact and readily-available SD and SDHC memory cards as recording media. Unlike tape and disc recorders, this unit has no motor, making it more resistant to external vibrations and eliminating concerns about mechanical noise.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed for fast file transfer
The R24 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port allows WAV files recorded by the R24 to be transferred to a computer quickly and easily. Computer-based tasks, such as editing audio with DAW software, creating original CDs and importing WAV files, can be integrated into your music production.
USB host port for connecting USB memory
USB flash drive or large-capacity external hard disk drive can be plugged into the R24's USB host port. This lets you distribute recordings to band members after a rehearsal and make backups of recordings without a computer.
- 24-track playback, 8-track simultaneous recording
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB for up to 100 track hours
- Records mono and stereo WAV files (16 / 24-bit, 44.1 / 48 kHz sampling rates)
- Eight balanced mic/line/instrument-level inputs on XLR/TRS combo connectors
- 1 Low-Z input for connection of passive electric guitar and bass
- +24 and +48V phantom power (6 channels)
- Dual balanced ¼" TRS output jacks
- Headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Built-in metronome and chromatic tuner
- More than 100 send-return and insert DSP effects, including amp/preamp models and mastering algorithms
- User editing of effects parameters, with 390 patch memories for storage
- Independent level, pan, and EQ for each track
- Internal track bouncing and mixdown of multitrack to stereo
- Flexible overdubbing and both manual and automatic punch-in/out
- Loop playback with waveform zoom and user-defined start/stop points
- Variable playback speed from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Up to 100 marks per recording
- Invert track phase function
- Trim and Divide file editing
- 24-voice pad sampler (3 banks of 8 pads) with adjustable pad sensitivity
- Rhythm machine with 160 drum and percussion sounds
- Storage for 100 user-created rhythm patterns of up to 100 bars each
- Manual play or step entry of rhythm patterns with adjustable quantization
- Loop-based audio sequencer integrates recorder, rhythm machine, and pad sampler
- Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
- 4-segment LED metering
- 8-in/2-out USB audio interface for Macintosh/Windows computers
- High-definition 24-bit/96 kHz playback capability with DAW software
- Control Surface functionality (Mackie Control emulation)
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, and other DAWs
- Two R24s can be synchronized via USB for 48 tracks of playback and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- USB bus power
- SD card reader function
- Runs on 6 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of more than 4.5 hours
- AC adapter included
- Steinberg Cubase LE DAW software included
R24 USB Audio Interface System Requirments
- Windows XP SP2 or later / Vista SP1 or later / 7
- Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz or better
- 1GB RAM or more
- USB 2.0 compatible port.
- OS X 10.4.11 or later / 10.5 / 10.6
- Intel Core Duo processor 1.83GHz or better
- 1GB RAM or more