View Full Description
Capture 360-Degree Audio Recordings
The H3-VR sets a precedent in the audio/visual world. It provides a simple and effective solution for capturing 360-degree audio with pristine sound. At the heart of the recorder is a premium-grade Ambisonic microphone. It is perfect for capturing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality applications.
Conventional VR audio recorder require a dedicated Ambisonic microphone. The H3-VR has incorporated its own high-end microphone delivering immense detail and sonic accuracy. All the encoding and processing is done on-board, eliminating the need for tedious gear setups. It is a simple all-in-one solution for capturing immersive audio.
Ideal For Film, Live-Streaming, Gaming and More
The VR Recorder has a multitude of applications. It is the perfect device for capturing audio for virtual reality. It can capture recording ranging up to 24-bit/192kHz, delivering exceptional audio fidelity for professional purposes. It can also record stereo binaural WAV files up to 24-bit/48kHz. Stereo binaural is designed to bring out the best from 2D productions using 3D audio.
It is the perfect companion for any sound engineer or audio/visual professional. It gives you the ability to capture standard stereo and 5.1channel surround sound, intended for video use. Using Zoom’s Ambisonics Player software, you can convert the Ambisonic audio to a 5.1 channel surround sound file.
The H3-VR is also great for live-streaming. The 360-degree audio provides exceptional immersion for your viewers. It allows them to feel like they are truly there to experience every nuance of your stream.
6-Axis Motion Sensor
The built-in 6-axis motion sensor allows for versatile positioning. With Auto Mic Position and Level Detection, you can place the recorder in any position. It can be positioning upright, upside down or even on its side inverted. It allows you to calibrate your audio and video, ensuring they are aligned. This can be highly useful for post-production.
Integrated Limiter and Low-Cut Filter
Sometimes, capturing a certain take can be paramount to your project. This means you need to ensure you get the perfect take every time. The integrated limiter provides peace of mind, eliminating clipping for a clean recording.
The low-cut filter is perfect for recording outside. When activated it helps to eliminate unwanted low-end frequencies. This can be used to remove wind or traffic noise when recording outside.
Dedicated Controls and Dynamic LCD Display
The ergonomic design features dedicated controls for navigation between settings and recording audio. The transport controls include: Home, Play/Pause, Forward, Reverse and menu buttons. It also features a dedicated headphones jack allowing for stereo binaural monitoring while you are recording audio.
The crystal-clear LCD screen is directionally-responsive. This changes the orientation of the screen automatically adjusts to the position the recorder is in. The clear, bright display provides all the information you need on your settings and recording modes at a glance.
Lightweight and Highly Portable
The lightweight and robust construction is designed to withstand the rigors of extensive use. The compact design makes it highly portable, easily fitting within a backpack. It also features numerous ways to power the recorder. Using two AA batteries provides power for over 11 hours. You can also use portable USB batteries or even plug the recorder into a wall outlet via an AC adapter.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire, upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert to binaural, stereo, and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
- Recording Media: Cards compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC specifications (Class 4 or higher)
- Recording Formats:
- Ambisonics A, Ambisonics B (FuMa/AmbiX): WAV 4ch poly (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- Stereo: WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- Binaural: WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
- Display: 1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64)
- Motion Sensor: 6 axes (3-axis gyro, 3-axis acceleration)
- Built-in Ambisonic mic: 4 matched unidirectional condenser mics
- Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 120 dB SPL
- Mic Gain: +18 – +48 dB
- Power: 2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or lithium), AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A (supports USB bus power)
- External Dimensions: 76 mm (W) × 78 mm (D) × 123 mm (H)
- Weight: 120 g