View Full Description
Buy an Apollo 8 QUAD or Apollo FireWire and Turbo-Charge it with a FREE UAD-2 QUAD Satellite DSP Accelerator!
Don’t miss this special end-of-year opportunity! Buy and register a new Apollo 8 QUAD or Apollo FireWire rackmount interface between October 1st and December 31st, 2018, and you’ll get even more processing power with a UAD-2 Satellite QUAD DSP Accelerator, so you can record, mix, and master with even more UAD Plug-Ins.
Hurry, Ends December 31st, 2018
Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or PC-based studio, Apollo incorporates a true 'no compromise' approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA's analog hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sonics, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo's premium mic preamps, top-end converters and UA's meticulous attention to circuit design translate into greater accuracy and depth in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering. In fact, its sound quality is on par with dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
While Apollo's natural sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and colour via its Realtime UAD Processing. This onboard DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins with as low as sub-2ms latency, so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and print audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer and more.
Want to place multiple 1176 compressors on your drum inputs, or record vocals through a classic Neve 1073 EQ, or even track the entire band through a Studer A800 tape machine in real time? No problem. With Realtime UAD processing, Apollo's sonic options are virtually endless. Better still, Apollo's Realtime UAD Processing is also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can employ UAD plug-ins throughout the creative process.
Thunderbolt: The Next Generation of Connectivity
Apollo offers compatibility with Intel's new Thunderbolt technology on the newest iMacs, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and Mac minis. Available via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately), Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo's standard FireWire connection. And because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows music producers to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface, including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors, all with fast, flawless performance.
Deeper Integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and more
Apollo's Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more. Beyond this basic compatibility, Apollo's included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within individual DAW sessions, even months and years later. Read more about Apollo's included software here.
Elegant Hardware Design and Workflow
One key feature of Apollo isn't really a feature at all. It's the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and even dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass, and automatically enable hardware and software monitoring.
Sonically, Apollo's Mic inputs and Monitor analog outputs are digitally controlled, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain. High-resolution/high-contrast metering, derived from UA's legendary 2192 interface, is designed to be viewable at nearly any angle. Finally, standalone operation means that you can use Apollo's audio connections, and last-used DSP mixer settings, even without a computer connected.
"The UAD plug-ins allow us to get into the wheelhouse of the sounds of yesteryear. It's another instrument in the band these days."
- Ronnie Vanucci, The Killers
"I knew about the ingredients of Apollo, but this is truly a special dish. The Apollo just set a new standard of excellence for audio interfaces, in terms of both its sound and its feature set."
- Fab Dupont, J.Lo, Santigold, Mark Ronson
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit
- 18 x 24 simultaneous input/output channels
- 14 channels of digital-to-analog conversion
- 10 channels of digital I/O
- Eight channels ADAT Optical I/O with S/MUX for high sample rates
- Two channels coaxial S/PDIF I/O
- Two FireWire 800 ports for daisy-chaining for other FireWire devices
- Four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Front panel and software control of all preamp parameters
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Stereo monitor output (independent of eight line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
- Two stereo headphone outputs with indepdent mix buses
- Independent front panel analog volume controls for headphone outputs
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion and stereo linking
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF output can bet to mirror the monitor outputs
- AUD model features four SHARC processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all of Apollo’s analog and digital inputs
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Converters: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 44,1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz
- Analog Input:
- 4 x XLR Microphone
- 2 x 1/4" TS phone Hi-Z
- 8 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
- Analog Output:
- 8 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Monitor
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Headphone
- Digital Input/Output: S/PDIF, ADAT
- Other Connectors:
- 2 x BNC Wordclock I/O
- 2 x 1394 FireWire 800 ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt (via option card)
- MIDI In/Out: No
- World Clock:
- Jack Type: BNC
- Lock Range: ±0.5 of any supported sample rate
- Word Clock Input Termination: 75 Ohms, switchable
- Synchronization Sources: Internal, Word Clock, S/PDIF, ADAT
- Headphone Output: Dual Independent
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 12.1 x 1.75" (483 x 307 x 45 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.1 lb)