View Full Description
New to 1.1: The latest update from the LUNA is the gift that keeps on giving! Versions is an incredible addition. This handy feature allows you to keep on top of the production process and track your progress as you go. You'll be able to create "bookmarks" to highlight significant milestones which can easily be referred back to at any stage. What's more, mixing and editing just got easier with all-new track groupings. This feature will streamline your workflow, allowing you to work quickly whilst still being precise. The inclusion of a redesigned MIDI clock output enables you to effortlessly integrate your favourite grooveboxes and workstations. It is also now possible to drag and drop MIDI files directly from virtual instruments!
Work the way you want with LUNA technology. Universal Audio built their DAW, LUNA, from the ground up. Their aim, was to bring audio recording into a new era. Following a high-quality range of vintage emulations and innovative plugins, it is obvious that Universal Audio don’t settle for second best and strive to give you their all. LUNA is no exception. You'll be free to integrate your favourite DSP powered plugins when recording, completely free of latency. Thanks to accelerated real time modelling, you'll also be provided with analog style recording and overdubbing via your Apollo's on-board DSP acceleration.
Hark back to the golden age of recording, with Neve summing from the iconic 80's series console. You'll be able to add warmth and richness to your tracks, from the very series of desk that is associated with seminal albums from the likes of Nirvana, Dire Straits, and Pink Floyd. The Studer A800 Tape Recorder extension allows you to add the warmth and punch associated with magnetic tape, introducing various levels of harmonics and saturation into your signal flow. With a highly realistic Steinway Model B piano, Moog Minimoog emulation, a wide array of premium samples from Spitfire Audio, and unlimited track count. You'll have nothing holding you back from making the greatest sounding records of your life.
Please Note: This is a free download for mac users who own a Thunderbolt Arrow or Apollo interface. It is not yet compatible for Windows.
Class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz sound quality
Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or PC-based studio, Apollo incorporates a true 'no compromise' approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA's analog hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sonics, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo's premium mic preamps, top-end converters and UA's meticulous attention to circuit design translate into greater accuracy and depth in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering. In fact, its sound quality is on par with dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Realtime UAD plug-in processing for tracking, mixing and mastering
While Apollo's natural sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and colour via its Realtime UAD Processing. This onboard DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins with as low as sub-2ms latency, so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and print audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer and more.
Want to place multiple 1176 compressors on your drum inputs, or record vocals through a classic Neve 1073 EQ, or even track the entire band through a Studer A800 tape machine in real time? No problem. With Realtime UAD processing, Apollo's sonic options are virtually endless. Better still, Apollo's Realtime UAD Processing is also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can employ UAD plug-ins throughout the creative process.
Thunderbolt: the next generation of connectivity
Apollo offers compatibility with Intel's new Thunderbolt technology on the newest iMacs, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and Mac minis. Available via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately), Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo's standard FireWire connection. And because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows music producers to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface, including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors, all with fast, flawless performance.
Deeper integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and more
Apollo's Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more. Beyond this basic compatibility, Apollo's included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within individual DAW sessions, even months and years later. Read more about Apollo's included software here.
Elegant hardware design and workflow
One key feature of Apollo isn't really a feature at all. It's the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and even dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass, and automatically enable hardware and software monitoring.
Sonically, Apollo's Mic inputs and Monitor analog outputs are digitally controlled, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain. High-resolution/high-contrast metering, derived from UA's legendary 2192 interface, is designed to be viewable at nearly any angle. Finally, standalone operation means that you can use Apollo's audio connections, and last-used DSP mixer settings, even without a computer connected.
"The UAD plug-ins allow us to get into the wheelhouse of the sounds of yesteryear. It's another instrument in the band these days."
- Ronnie Vanucci, The Killers
"I knew about the ingredients of Apollo, but this is truly a special dish. The Apollo just set a new standard of excellence for audio interfaces, in terms of both its sound and its feature set."
- Fab Dupont, J.Lo, Santigold, Mark Ronson
Realtime Analog UAD Powered Plugins Bundle
- UA 610-B (Unison)
- 1176LN Legacy
- 1176SE Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (Unison)
- Marshall Plexi Classic (Unison)
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod L
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion (Unison)
- RealVerb Pro
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit
- 18 x 24 simultaneous input/output channels
- 14 channels of digital-to-analog conversion
- 10 channels of digital I/O
- Eight channels ADAT Optical I/O with S/MUX for high sample rates
- Two channels coaxial S/PDIF I/O
- Two FireWire 800 ports for daisy-chaining for other FireWire devices
- Four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Front panel and software control of all preamp parameters
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Stereo monitor output (independent of eight line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
- Two stereo headphone outputs with indepdent mix buses
- Independent front panel analog volume controls for headphone outputs
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion and stereo linking
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF output can bet to mirror the monitor outputs
- AUD model features four SHARC processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all of Apollo’s analog and digital inputs
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Converters: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 44,1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz
- Analog Input:
- 4 x XLR Microphone
- 2 x 1/4" TS phone Hi-Z
- 8 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
- Analog Output:
- 8 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Monitor
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Headphone
- Digital Input/Output: S/PDIF, ADAT
- Other Connectors:
- 2 x BNC Wordclock I/O
- 2 x 1394 FireWire 800 ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt (via option card)
- MIDI In/Out: No
- World Clock:
- Jack Type: BNC
- Lock Range: ±0.5 of any supported sample rate
- Word Clock Input Termination: 75 Ohms, switchable
- Synchronization Sources: Internal, Word Clock, S/PDIF, ADAT
- Headphone Output: Dual Independent
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 12.1 x 1.75" (483 x 307 x 45 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.1 lb)
- Product Code: APLQF