View Full Description
Ultra HDDA Mic Preamps
The Tascam US-4x4 USB Audio Interface features discrete Ultra HDDA Mic Preamps which deliver low noise and low distortion with a signal to noise ratio of 101dB and gain range of 57dB. This wide gain range makes them ideal for both dynamic and ribbon microphones as well as condenser microphones. The Ultra HDDA Mic Preamps are the cleanest, quietest and best-sounding from any interface in their range.
Robust, in-house Tascam developed drivers make installing the US-4x4 quick and easy. Built in class compliant drivers mean the unit can be used on many computers without first installing a driver and also allows use with various tablets. Using an Apple Camera Connection Kit the US-4x4 can be connected to iOS devices to then make use of the thousands of audio apps such as Garage Band or Tascam's Portastudio. Class compliant drivers also allow the interfaces to be used with Android and Windows tablets.
The US-4x4 USB Audio Interface includes both headphone and line output volume controls that can be set at an optimum level during operation, even when both powered monitors and headphones are connected.
Standard MIDI input and output connectors allow connection with the thousands of keyboards, drum machines, controllers, and other sources that employ MIDI connectors.
Bundled DAW Software
The Tascam US-4x4 includes both Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Ableton Live 9 Lite, either of these can be upgraded to more advanced versions. The interface operation has been tested with all leading DAW software such as SONAR, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and Garage Band meaning you can use the US-4x4 with your favourite recording application, not just the bundled software.
- Four Ultra-HDDA mic preamplifiers
- Four XLR/TRS (MIC/LINE) inputs with full +48V phantom power
- Four TRS analog balanced outputs
- Two headphone outputs - each with 45mW/ch output power
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- NE5532 op-amps used at the audio input and output stages
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- Microphone preamp gain range of 57 dB
- Balanced analog TRS output jacks suitable for connection to powered monitors
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.