View Full Description
Versatile Virtual Instrument
If you are looking for realistic, full sounding pianos that are versatile for a range of genres, the Ivory II Studio Grands collection is ideal. Each piano contains 24 velocity levels with more release samples and soft pedal samples to provide you greater sampling detail for a more realistic piano sound. The Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands also features timbre shifting, parametric EQ and synth layer that can all be adjusted to sculpt your sound. Players can also benefit from its world class digital FX, including real ambience, chorus and EQ all to make your piano shimmer and provide you with one of the most beautiful sounding virtual pianos to date. The Ivory II Studio Grands offer customisable user controls including timbre, stereo width and perspective, velocity response, mechanical key noise, lid positions and more. The Ivory II Studio Grands is the result of Synthogy's expertise in creating the world's finest virtual piano combined with their desire to capture the unique qualities of studio grands and a search for the perfect instruments and room to record in. Both pianos are ideal for capturing the mix-friendly balance necessary for studio recording.
Newly Featured Ivory 2.5 Piano Engine
The Ivory II Studio Grands is the first Synthogy piano collection to come with the new Ivory 2.5 Piano Engine which includes a variety of new features including shimmer, a feature that gives you unique control over sustain and decay, new half-pedal controls, assignable MIDI controls in the Ivory Standalone app and high resolution MIDI velocity response.
Steinway Model B Grand Piano
Synthogy are known for their realistic and beautiful sounding virtual pianos. The Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands comes with 2 classic studio grand pianos that have both been recorded in two different iconic recording studios providing you with clean and full bodied virtual instruments. The first is the Steinway Model B Grand Piano that was hand picked with Steinway & Sons themselves at the Steinway factory in New York and has been referred to as 'the perfect piano'. One of Steinway's top concert technicians have been no site whilst recording and sampling to prepare, maintain and constantly tune throughout the session making sure the Steinway Model B's recording is nothing but high-quality and shows its unique balance of size and power. It is a versatile instrument for all styles of music.
Bosendorfer 225 Grand Piano
The second virtual piano is the Bosendorfer 225 Grand Piano which is known for its deeply resonant tone and clarity and has appeared on numerous Grammy winning and Grammy nominated recordings. The Bosendorf was recorded at Firehouse Recording Studios in Pasadena with sessions being engineered by legendary recording engineer/producer Tony Shepperd to provide you with the cleanest and powerful sound that captures the pure beauty of this piano.
"Certainly there’s no way, in a mix, to tell that a Studio Grands MIDI part isn’t a real piano recorded in a great studio. There’s not one whiff of artificiality." Sound on Sound
Read the full review here.
- Steinway B Model Grand Piano: hand selected, prepared and tuned by Steinway & Sons New York
- Bosendorfer 225 Grand Piano: at Firehouse Recording Studios, featured on Grammy winning recordings
- Includes the new Ivory 2.5 piano engine
- 112 GB core library
- UP to 24 velocity layers
- Multiple levels of Una Corda (soft pedal)
- Multiple levels of Release samples (triggered by velocity and duration)
- Harmonic resonance modeling for true sympathetic string resonance
- Custom soundboard emulation DSP
- Native 64 bit support
- Timbre shifting, parametric EQ and synth layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Sample interpolation technology used for ultrasmooth velocity and note transitions
- world class digital FX including real ambience, chorus and EQ
- Customisable user controls for timbre, stereo width and perspective, velocity response, mechanical key noise, lid position and more
- Tuning tables
- Dozens of new programs and effects presets
- Ivorylls 'unified interface' feature enables you to use just a single instance to play and control all of Ivory's pianos not matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one. any two, or all five products Ivoryll's intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface
- 2 GHz Quad-Core CPU
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 112 GB free hard drive space
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
- 2.4 GHZ Quad-Core CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 112 GB free hard drive space
- iLok key optional
- Any AU, AAX, or VST 2.4 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Standalone application
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer