View Full Description
The primary goal of any studio monitor is to deliver accurate sound for important mixing decisions. Using advanced DSP techniques, the iLoud MTM can be trusted to deliver audio that will successfully translate to other playback systems. The bi-amplified design provides you with 100W of power, delivered by the premium-grade Class-D amplifiers. The result is a flat frequency response allowing you to mix with exceptional accuracy.
Extended low-end packing a punch
The iLoud MTM monitor is a 3.5-inch active studio monitor comprised of 2 x 3.5-inch high-performance woofers, with a 1-inch back-chamber loaded tweeter. Don’t be deceived by the size, however. The extended low range of 40Hz, ideal for modern music mixing, rivals much larger monitors.
The defined low end is benefitted by IK’s new PRL system. This corrects the system's performance in real-time, modelled on the enclosure's design. This results in a balanced low end that astonishes from a monitor so small.
A powerful monitor, whatever the surroundings
The MTM monitor will instantly adjust to any room environment, with built-in acoustic self-calibration thanks to the included reference microphone. Whether recording in the spare bedroom or your acoustically treated mixing room, you will hear your mix as intended. As well as this, further manual trim and extension controls are located on the back of the iLoud MTM.
A feature not always found with monitor speakers, the iLoud MTM can be tilted for perfect placement. In smaller studios where space is at a premium, this feature helps you find the ideal listening placement. This is helped further by the small size of the iLoud MTM, which can find a home in the smallest of spaces.
A monitor built for superior imaging and accuracy
The iLoud MTM uses a mid-range-tweeter-midrange configuration, with a back-chamber loaded tweeter, which provides an ultra-precise point source. This means a natural sound, creating the best possible environment for you to mix. By having this design, frequencies are arriving at your ear more accurately, which helps prevent ear fatigue allowing you to mix for longer.
Claim T-RackS Metering Suite for Free
T-RackS Metering suite provides precision Peak, RMS and Dynamic Range meters, spectogram, real-time analyser, phase and correlation meters and more. This broadcast-ready software is essential for mixing in a modern world for streaming sites and video.
To claim simply purchase your new iLoud MTM Monitor from Gear4music and register it on your account on IK Multimedia's website. Once you have logged into your account on IK's website go to 'Support' then 'Registration' and you can register your product. A serial code for the T-RackS Metering Suite will automatically be added to your User Area on the IK website, and new users will receive an email with instructions upon registering your iLoud MTM Monitor. Existing users who have already registered this product can also visit their User Area now to view their serial and download the installer.
"Though compact and affordable, IK's newest monitors manage to cram in a remarkable amount of tech - and the results speak for themselves. In contrast to some of the distressingly heavy monitors that have recently passed through my studio room, the iLoud MTMs are refreshingly light at just 2.5kg each. So how does the sum of the iLoud MTM parts add up? As it happens, they add up extremely well- especially given the genuinely entry-level price." - Sound on Sound
“Even before they were burned in, I was impressed by the enveloping character of the sound that filled the room. After the burn-in, the imaging far exceeded my expectations and the low end was full but not overbearing. The imaging is top-notch for its class, and they definitely perform well above their price point.” – Recording Magazine
- 1 x iLoud MTM monitor
- Power cord
- ARC Microphone
- ARC Microphone cable
- Tilting stand
- Horizontal support feet
- Locking key
- Ultra-flat frequency response
- Phase-coherent sound
- Extended, controlled low end
- Superior sound at short distances
- Perfect for desks and small spaces
- ARC self-calibration adjusts to any room
- DSP-controlled for superior performance
- MTM design for accurate sound focus and superior sound dispersion
- Automatic environment calibration with included ARC™ measurement microphone
- Compact dimensions for easy positioning even in the smallest place
- Multiple positioning with included 20 degree tiltable insulation base, horizontal base, and built-in mic stand thread
- Type: 2-Way/3-speakers bi-amped, digitally controlled studio monitor
- LF Drivers: 2 x 3.5” polypropylene custom made mid-woofers
- HF Driver: 1” low distortion, back chambered silk dome tweeter
- Acoustic Design: DSP tuned bass reflex
- Number of amps per speaker: 2
- Amplifiers type: High efficiency Class-D
- Total power: 100W RMS
- LF power: 70W RMS
- HF power: 30W RMS
- Crossover Type: Linear Phase Variable Order
- Crossover Frequency: 3.1kHz
- Frequency response: from 50 Hz to 24 kHz +/- 2dB (40 Hz -6dB when uncal, -3 dB when cal)
- Phase response: System remains coherent within +/- 15° from 200Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity at +4dBu: 0dBu signal generates a 100 dB SPL @ 1 m
- Sensitivity at -10dBV: -11dBu signal generates a 100 dB SPL @ 1 m
- Maximum SPL @ 1m, one speaker playing, on axis: 103dB from 200Hz up sine wave, 95dB at 100Hz sine, 93dB pink noise
- Placement setup: Manual switches for LF Extension, LF trim, HF trim, Desk position
- LF extension: switch Sets -3dB point of the frequency response at 40, 50 or 60 Hz
- LF switch: Low shelf, +2dB or -3dB from 100Hz down
- HF switch: high shelf, +2dB or -2dB from 8kHz up
- Desk switch: -4dB at 160Hz and +1dB at 1.8kHz
- Calibration: Fully automatic and built-in digital calibration, microphone included
- Measurement Microphone: Omnidirectional, Mems based precision measurement microphone
- Full DSP control
- Connectors: 1x combo XLR-1/4” TRS balanced input; 1/8” TS ARC microphone input, 1 x USB type-B (service use only), AC POWER socket
- Power requirement: 90 to 240 V AC, auto-ranging, 50 or 60Hz, 120W max power consumption