View Full Description
Premium sound and build
The Z-Tone DI is designed to get the best tone from your instrument. Preserving the key features of the input signal, the Z-Tone DI offers 114dB dynamic range and extended 3 Hz - 30 kHz (+/- 1 dB) frequency response. This allows the user to run long cables on stage and capture DI tracks in the studio without a loss in sound quality.
The Z-Tone DI offers a high-quality preamp with exceptionally low noise, this is combined with multiple circuit topologies to adapt to any guitar or bass, pickup or style. A switch allows the user to choose between passive or active pickup types. In Passive mode, the Z-Tone DI is designed to accommodate everything from low-output vintage pickups to hotter modern humbuckers. When set to active, the circuitry bypasses unnecessary gain stages, keeping the signal path as direct and transparent as possible.
A second switch is also dedicated to selecting between PURE and JFET channels. When set to PURE, the preamp circuit remains completely transparent and performs with extreme accuracy. Alternatively, switch to the Class A JFET buffer for subtle harmonic enhancement. This is great for adding warmth to the input signal.
A whole new standard of tone and feel
Guitar pickups can dramatically change their character depending on the impedance of your preamp. That’s why the tone and responsiveness of your guitar can change when plugging into different gear. With the Z-Tone DI, the user has a range of controls to shape their sound, with the same variable impedance control as the highly regarded IK AXE I/O audio interface. Dial in an impedance ranging from 1 MOhm to 2.2 kOhms to shape your sound in unique ways. This alters the sound from more precise at maximum impedance to a thicker and bold sound when the impedance is lowered.
Various connectivity options
The Z-Tone DI offers a range of useful output options. Firstly, the balanced XLR output offers a switchable ground lift for eliminating noise and hum. An unbalanced 1/4 inch output offers additional flexibility. The Z-Tone DI also provides a HI-Z Link out, which can be used to send the unaffected signal through to amps and pedals. An optional -20 dB pad extends the capabilities of the unit, letting you use instruments and sources aside from guitar and bass. The Z-Tone DI runs from a 9V battery which is ideal in live environments. Alternatively, the device can be powered by +48v phantom power from your mixer or interface.
- Active/Passive pickup selector
- PURE channel for transparent sound
- JFET channel adds warmth & harmonics
- Z-TONE variable impedance control creates
- a wide range of tones
- 20 dB pad for extended operating range
- Balanced & unbalanced outputs
- Link out splits signal to amps & pedals
- Ground lift switch eliminates buzz & hum
- Rugged, stage-ready metal housing
- I/O Gain: Unitary, from 1/4” input JACK to both 1/4” and XLR outputs when GAIN is at 0dB and Z-TONE at the SHARP position.
- Gain Range: From -8dB to +8dB
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on PASSIVE mode: Variable from 1MΩ down to 2.2kΩ
- Input impedance - Z-TONE set on ACTIVE mode: Approx 20kΩ
- Output impedance, unbalanced out: 56Ω
- Output impedance, balanced out: 600Ω
- Max input level before clipping: +13dBm when powered by 48V phantom,+9dBm when powered by 9V battery
- PAD: -20dB
- Dynamic Range: better than 114dB(A) for both outputs, input gain at 0dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion, balanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.0033 (PURE), 0.2 (JFET)
- Total Harmonic Distortion, unbalanced output, 1kHz, +4dBm input: 0.00055 (PURE), 0.2 (JFET)
- Frequency response: from 5Hz to 30kHz -1dB
- Phase deviation: 0° +/-10° from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Phantom power: +48V phantom on Balanced output.
- Battery power: 9V
- Current consumption from P48 phantom power source: 6.5mA
- Product code: IP-ZTONE-DI-IN