View Full Description
Make some space
Reverb is a unique effect, in that its sole purpose is not to be used to transform a sound from one thing to another as is the case with phasers or flangers, but instead, it needs to serve the performance and enhance what is already there. Because of this, reverb needs to highlight the musicality and melody in what you are performing and this is exactly where Pro-R shines. Taking a new approach to algorithmic reverb design, FabFilter Pro-R uses non-technical and musically relevant terms for the controls such as Brightness, Character and Distance to allow you to create the reverb tone you're searching for quickly, without excessive menu-diving or steep learning curves in the layout of the plug-in.
Replacing the traditional menu selection of algorithms is the stepless Space control, allowing you to sweep seamlessly through dozens of different, carefully-tuned room designs without any clicks, pops or artefacts and Pro-R will create a matching decay time for a natural-sounding result. Behind the scenes, each of these settings influences the internal algorithms in multiple ways to deliver exactly what was intended so you can get to your desired effect quicker and easier than ever. The sweepable Space control will take you through a wide range of beautiful sounding room designs that spans everything from small and tight to large halls and extra-large cathedrals up to 20s in maximum decay time.
In traditional FabFilter fashion, Pro-R provides you with pristine sound quality that blends with the source immaculately, removing any sense of the effect being sat 'on top' of the sound source but instead glueing them together harmoniously for a completely natural sound timbre. FabFilter Pro-R is specifically designed to fit within the context of a mix with ease so that you are not fighting against phase problems, additional colouration or bloated sounds that muffle your mix.
Shape the decay time
Looking to push the boundaries over what's possible with an algorithmic reverb plug-in, FabFilter Pro-R features a unique Decay Rate EQ that provides total control over reverb decay time over specific frequencies. In a real room environment, the decay time of a room is not linear across the frequency spectrum but instead varies massively between frequency bands depending on the materials used for construction, shape and size of the room. This irregular spreading of the frequencies is what gives a room its signature character and Pro-R puts this control in your hands with the industry-first Decay Rate EQ.
Conventional reverb plug-ins may use a simple crossover system to shape the emphasis over the highs and lows of a reverbs tone, whereas Pro-R uses parametric EQ bands to hone in on specific ranges or you can make sweeping adjustments with filters and shelves. When used in combination with the integrated six-band Post-EQ, it's never been easier to shape the style and character of your reverb to fit the context of any mix. Any changes that are made are shown in the immaculate display in real-time, giving you a visual representation of adjustments made.
In the traditional FabFilter style, you are given much more than just the basics of what you'd expect from other reverb plug-ins, instead you are given a plethora of performance and functionality options that help you improve your workflow and get to your end goal quicker than ever. Pro-R prides itself on being the most all-inclusive reverb plug-in available and this is evident in the perfectly tuned knobs with seamless sweeping that don't have encounter 'dead-spots', interactive MIDI Learn to control parameters in real-time with a MIDI controller, Undo/Redo and A/B switching, sample-accurate automation, advanced audio-optimisation and much more under the hood that makes Pro-R stand out from the crowd.
Of course it wouldn't be complete without the signature FabFilter interface that is expandable into three sizes with a full-screen mode, six-band Post-EQ with up to 96dB per octave filters, Low and High Shelves and Bell Filters, and a sweepable Mix knob with Lock Mix option to save your current Mix state when cycling between presets or settings.
- A wide range of beautiful sounding room designs spanning small and tight and large halls and extra large cathedrals
- Specifically designed to fit within the context of a mix with ease
- Expertly designed to not introduce phase problems or additional colouration
- Large Retina display with an interactive interface
- Decay Rate EQ and Post-EQ curves visible on interface for quick visual feedback
- Intuitive interface with non-technical control labels
- Stepless Space Control allows smooth transition between values, combining the room model and decay time of the reverb
- Choose from over a dozen room models with seamless transition between them, avoiding clicking, pops and artefacts
- With small room sounds and cranked Character control you can create stunning effects somewhere between chorus and reverb thanks to the modulation
- Pristine sound quality that blends with the source
- Control the decay with Decay Rate, changing the time from 50% to 200% on your current setting
- Intelligent Stereo Width control can take your sound from basic mono to true stereo
- Distance control adjusts the proximity between your instrument and room space
- Character control allows you to transform the tone of the room space from clean and transparent to dirty and over-modulated
- Intuitive Brightness knob, that effects both the overall brightness and also the decay of the high frequencies
- Seamless Mix knob with Lock Mix option to save your current Mix state when cycling between presets or settings
- Host to DAW sync as well as manual Pre-delay control from 0 to 500ms
- Take control of your decay rate at different frequencies with the six-band Decay Rate EQ with Low/High Shelf, Bell and Notch Filters
- Six-band Post-EQ with up to 96dB per octave filters, Low and High Shelves and Bell Filters.
- Immaculate interface with real-time spectrum analyzer that displays decay time at different frequencies
- Multiple interface sizes with full screen mode
- Undo/Redo and A/B comparison
- MacOS Requirements:
- System:macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only)
- Format: AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Processor: Intel or Apple Silicon processor
- Windows Requirements:
- System: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- Format: VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Plug-in Format: VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite
- Product code: 1246-154