View Full Description
The Sigma series
Take your sound further. The Sigma series has been designed from the ground up to deliver phenomenal sonic performance. Combining high-performance transducers, intelligent and unique cabinet designs, and revered digital amplification with advanced DSP, this is a series that was built to perform.
It's safe to say that dB Technologies know a thing or two about sound and PA systems. Their designs have become to go-to-choice for bands, DJs, entertainers, venues, and more all over the world. The Sigma series is no exception.
Loaded with two powerful 18'' woofers with large 4'' voice coils, the Sigma S218 provides potent low-end reinforcement with incredible power and impact. Every bass element is clear, defined, and precise, so you can deliver your sound the way it deserves to be delivered. The S218 is capable of producing enormous SPLs too, up to a maximum of 138dB without clipping. Perfect for flooding your venue with deep, defined bass. It's also a perfect match for dB Tech's powerful S115F full-range loudspeakers, providing a powerful cluster for portable live sound and installed applications.
With its digital heart, the Digipro G3 amplifier ensures that your S218 performs exactly the way it should at all times. Advanced DSP handles the crossover of the loudspeaker's acoustic components, as well as the frequency response, limiter, and acoustic phase alignment. The result? Pure sonic bliss from start to finish.
When it comes to getting the best out of your system, you want to be in control. That's why the S218 has been designed and crafted to let you easily adapt your system to suit any situation. Integrated Phase and Delay controls allow you to make fine adjustments to ensure that no matter where you are, or how your system is setup, you can dial in the perfect settings to deliver a clear, powerful sound. And with dual XLR inputs and outputs, you can even configure your S218 for mono or stereo setups.
A good subwoofer is defined by two key elements - its performance, and its reliability. Particularly for mobile performers. You want something that is going to sound great, but will also withstand the punishing nature of live performance environments and life on the road. That's why dB Technologies have ensured that every aspect of the Sigma series is built to perform, night after night, year after year.
The S218's unique cabinet design is crafted from robust plywood, ensuring that your sound is delivered with precision, whilst also being able to withstand knocks, bangs, and rowdy crowd members. Combined with powerful protection circuitry, you can rest assured that your Sigma S218 is more than capable in even the most demanding situations.
- Omnidirectional bass-reflex active subwoofer with dB Tech's renowned Digipro® G3 Class-D amplifier at its heart
- Capable of producing 1800W (RMS) / 2700W (PRG) / 3600W (PEAK) of efficient Class-D power
- High-performance dual 18'' woofers with large 4'' voice coils
- Highly-optimised subwoofer suitable for use in both indoor and outdoor applications
- Double inputs and outputs allow for mono or stereo configurations
- Advanced DSP ensures that your signal and sound is optimised for maximum performance
- Dedicated DSP controls for optimising your subwoofer for different configurations
- Switchable crossover frequency - choose between 120Hz or 90Hz as the cutoff
- Internal microprocessor and two sensors control the temperature of the amplifier for silent cooling
- Powerful protection circuitry ensures that your subwoofer performs safely at all times
- Rugged plywood cabinet ensures maximum durability for a wide variety of applications
- Metal M20 pole mount cup in the top of the sub for simple stacking with your mid-high loudspeakers
- Four ergonomic handles make maneuverability and transportation easy and hassle-free
- Model: S218
- Speaker Type: Active bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Response: 42Hz - 120Hz
- Maximum SPL: 138dB
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- LF Transducers: 2 x 18'' diameter (4'' voice coils)
- Amp Technology: Digipro® G3
- Amp Class: Class-D
- Power: 1800W (RMS) / 2700W (PRG) / 3600W (PEAK)
- Internal Controller: 28-bit/56-bit DSP
- Limiter: Peak, RMS, Thermal
- Controls: Subwoofer Level, Subwoofer Setup (Delay, Polarity), Xover, Outputs Mode
- Crossover Frequency: 90Hz / 120Hz (switchable)
- LF Crossover Out Slope: 24dB/octave
- Signal Input: 2 x XLR
- Signal Output: 2 x XLR X-Over Out / Link Out
- Material: Plywood
- Grille: NC-machined
- Colour: Black
- Pole Mount Cup: M20 (on top side)
- Handles: Four (two per side)
- Dimensions: 509mm x 1215mm x 533mm / 20.36'' x 47.83'' x 21.32'' (W x H x D)
- Weight: 59.8kg / 131.84