View Full Description
So how do I get set up?
It's simple. Plug both the mic outputs (found on the back of the receiver) into channels on your mixing desk. Just like normal wired microphones.
Press the group button on the receiver to perform a Quickscan. This searches your environment to locate the clearest frequency for each of your transmitters.
Finally, 'pair' the transmitters to the receiver. Do this by using the transmitter’s group and channel buttons. The 'ready' LED on the receiver will light up. And it's as easy as that! You can now perform with wireless freedom.
SM58 Microphone Transmitter
The sound of the iconic wired mic - made wireless. The BLX2/SM58 integrates class leading sound with elegant wireless technology. You’ll be able to faithfully perform up to 100 meters (300 feet) away from the receiver, with a generous 14 hours of continuous run time.
When you’re moving around the stage, the SM58 focuses on you. The tight cardioid polar pattern rejects the noise, greatly reducing feedback issues from nearby stage monitors. It’s tuned to help your voice cut through the mix thanks to a gentle midrange presence boost, and those distracting 'pop' noises are tamed by the steel mesh filter. There's even a built-in shock mount to eliminate handling noise.
As you'd expect from a Shure mic, it feels sturdy and well made. Despite housing impressive technology, it remains lightweight. And the safely recessed on/off switch stays out the way during performance. Everything is in place, so you can perform at your best.
With a Shure BLX288UK System, you get wireless freedom with total peace of mind. The receiver’s ‘ready’ LED will tell you when your system is set up and secure. You don’t need to worry about signal dropouts.
If the channel starts clipping, an LED switches from green to red, letting you know if you should activate the transmitter's -10dB gain control. There is even an LED monitor to tell you when the batteries are running low on the transmitter. Everything is clear and simple. No complicated menus, for effortless setup straight out the box.
Legendary Shure durability
Boasting the tour-tough construction Shure are revered for.
The BLX288E/SM58-S8 has been rigorously tested to make sure it can handle any environment. All Shure wireless systems are subject to heat, cold, humidity and the ‘Shure drop test’. They are built to survive the demands of life on the road. They're ready for every performance.
Included In The Box
- 2 x BLX2/SM58 Wireless Handheld Microphone Transmitter
- 1 x Shure BLX88 Analogue Dual Channel Receiver
- 2 x Microphone Clip
- 2 x Thread Adapter
- 1 x Power Supply
- 4 x AA battery
BLX2/SM58 Handheld Microphone Transmitter
- 14-hour run time and a 100 meter range from one pair of AA batteries
- SM58 capsule achieves the same iconic sound as wired microphone
- Integrated shock mount and pop filter for clear and clean sound
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects unwanted background noise
- Rugged and robust design for rigorous live performances
- Quick and easy frequency adjustment
- Lock function for on / off switch
- Adjustable -10dB gain control
- Power & battery status LED
BLX88 Dual Receiver
- User friendly and intuitive design – no complicated setup options
- One touch QuickScan finds the best open frequency for rock solid signal strength
- Internal microprocessor-controlled antenna keeps the unit discrete and compact
- Compatible with up to 12 other systems
- Two colour LED for monitoring signal level
- XLR & 1/4" audio outputs
- Set Type: Dual Vocal
- Amount Of Handhelds: 2
- Number Of Compatible Systems Per Frequency Band: 12
- Transmission: Analog
- Power Supply: External
- Receiver Displays: LEDs
- Receiver Type: Dual
- Housings: Molded ABS
- Scan Features: Quickscan
- Rack Hardware: Optional URT2
- Image Rejection: 50 dB, Typical
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm, For 12dB SINAD, Typical
- Weight: 241 g
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 40mm x 188mm x 103mm
- Form Factor: Handheld
- Batteries: AA (included)
- Battery Life: 14 hours
- Battery Status: Multi-Color LED
- Operating Range (Up To): 100 metre
- Transmitter Housings: Molded ABS
- Weight: 340 g
- Dimensions: 224mm x 53mm x 53mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.