View Full Description
Premium, versatile amps. Ideal for use with a wide variety of passive speakers, the QSC PLX2 amplifiers have a wide range of uses and possibilities. With both an XLR input and parallel TRS connectors, you have the ability to connect these amps to a variety of different systems. They accommodate all common input connects and can be used for “daisy chaining” an input signal to additional amplifiers. Each channel has independent filter selection which allows you to tailor the amplifier performance to the speaker, offering the best possible performance from the system.
With two Speakon® NL4 output connectors you are able to use two outputs separately or you can choose to bridge the two. Using bridge mode combines both channels into one to produce twice the output voltage. Not only this, but the NL4 connectors provide positive-locking speaker connections. This means that if someone were to trip over your wires, your system won't break apart. You'll still be producing powerful, beautiful sound.
And with PowerLight switch mode technology, your PLX2 amp is supplied with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Delivering 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second, the PLX2 amps are more capable of providing on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. As a result, the power supply doesn't falter. Bass notes remain hearty and strong whilst the high end continues to sound sharp and clear.
Featuring front panel LED indicators, system monitoring is easy and efficient with the QSC PLX2 series amplifiers. Presenting power, clip, -10db, and signal, you are able to monitor exactly what is going on with your system and audio. Make your set-up and performance simple and stress-free with the QSC PLX2 amplifier.
A revolutionary cooling design. The PLX2 amplifiers exhaust hot air out of the front to keep the rack cool. This not only prevents over-heating, but means that you don't have to invest in filters which could become clogged should the hot air flow out the back. The fan even automatically runs faster when the amp is working extra hard.
Not only this, but the structure of the amp is extremely efficient and friendly. Very light weight, it's highly portable and doesn't add to the existing weight of your equipment list. Consisting of side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points the PLX2 amps help keep your set clean and clear and easy to set up. And the integrated front handles slide into a rack without scraping your fingers on the rack sides. Don't go wrong with the QSC PLX2 amplifier series!
- Very light weight
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front
- Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10dB, and signal present indicators
- Features bridge and parallel mode LED indicators
- Two patented Speakon NL4 output connectors provide positive-locking speaker connections
- Upper connector provides both channel outputs on all four poles
- 21-position front-panel gain controls
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending
- Speakon NL4 and binding post outputs
- 100Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover
- Switchable/defeatable 33Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from over-excursion damage
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters
- Rated Power per Channel, Stereo Mode (both channels driven):
- 8Ω FTC 20Hz - 20kHz 0.05 THD: 320W
- 8Ω EIA 1kHz 0.1 THD: 330W
- 4Ω FTC 20Hz - 20kHz 0.05 THD: 525W
- 4Ω EIA 1kHz 0.1 : 575W
- 2Ω EIA 1kHz 1 THD: 900W
- Rated Power, Bridge-Mono Mode:
- 8Ω 20Hz - 20kHz 0.1 THD: 1100W
- 8Ω EIA 1kHz 0.1 THD: 1200W
- 4Ω EIA 1kHz 1 THD: 1800W
- Signal to Noise (20Hz - 20kHz): -107dB
- Input Sensitivity at 8Ω: 1.28V rms
- Maximum Voltage Gain: 32dB
- Output Circuitry: Class AB
- Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4Ω): 8.7A/120V
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM):
- Distortion (typical):
- 1/8 rated power, 20Hz - 20kHz:
- Full rated power, 20Hz - 2-kHz:
- Damping Factor (8Ω): >500
- Input Impedance: 10KΩ unbalanced/20 KΩ balanced
- Input Clipping: 11V rms (+21 dBu)
- Cooling: Variable-speed fan, rear-front air flow
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4-inch TRS balanced, parallel
- Output Connectors (each channel): Two Neutrik NL4 Speakon and four touch-proof binding posts - both channels available on upper NL4 connector
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
- Height: 89mm;2RU
- Width: 483mm
- Rack Mounting Surface to Rear: 326mm
- Overall: 379mm
- Weight: 9.5kg
- Agency Approvals: CE, FCC, cUL, UL
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.