View Full Description
Keep Bass In Its Place
Traditionally, subwoofers emit sound in all directions which often results in troublesome low-frequency build-up. Whilst sound technicians have been able to redirect the disruptive sounds and patterns, it requires complex setups and can be very expensive. Therefore, the innovative K Cardioid Subwoofer is designed to eradicate the troublesome scenarios by 'keeping bass in its place'. Situated within one compact enclosure, the subwoofer reaps the benefits of a cardioid subwoofer array and is ideal for mobile entertainers, rental professionals or any medium sized venue where low-frequency energy needs to be minimised.
The QSC speaker is powered by Class D amplifier and processed with the latest DSP technology. Combining these with the 12" excursion drivers, arranged in a 6th order bandpass chamber, results in a stunning front-to-rear 15 dB attenuation. With aluminium handles and four, rear-mounted casters, the speaker is highly portable and offers two M20 sockets for connection with a 35 mm speaker pole whether the sub is used vertically or horizontally.
Extensive DSP Technology
The K Cardioid Subwoofer features the latest DSP technology. Directivity Matched Transition provides matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area so there are no unnatural 'dead' or 'hot' frequency zones. Extended low-frequency response is provided by continually managing low-frequency transients without degrading underlying signals. Finally, the GuardRail protection protects the amp module from disruptive clipping.
Light & Rugged Construction
As a member of the QSC K family, the K Cardioid is housed with rugged, robust, and lightweight ABS material. The ABS enclosure delivers added clarity due to the rigid internal components and is far more robust than the conventional plastic surfaces.
QSC K Series
Representing a new standard in lightweight speaker systems, the K Series by QSC sets a new standard of quality within the Class D power modules. Each speaker within the system features extensive digital signal processing technology (DSP) to deliver sonic clarity and total output that surpass what is expected in regards to system size and weight. Each speaker in the K Series includes premium-grade materials constructed with multiple mounting and suspension options to offer versatility in their application.
- World's first single-box powered cardioid subwoofer
- Ideal for highly portable entertainment & installation applications
- Unparalleled ability to manage low frequencies on stage
- 3600W Class-D power module
- Dual 12-inch long excursion drivers; dual 6th order band-pass design
- 15 dB SPL attenuation front-to-rear
- 2 x M20 threaded sockets (one on top, one on side) accept 35mm speaker pole
- 4 x low-noise, heavy-duty casters
- Configuration: Dual 6th-Order Bandpass Cardioid Subwoofer
- LF Transducer: 2 x 12'', Cone
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 44Hz - 104Hz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 39Hz - 118Hz
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 180° Cardioid (15 dB Rear Rejection @ 70Hz)
- Maximum Rated SPL: 132 dB @ 1m, Peak
- Amplifier: Class D, 2 x 1800W (Peak)
- Cooling: Low-Noise, Variable Speed Fan
- Controls: Power, Gain, Rotary Encoder, 2 x Selection Buttons
- Indicators: 2 x Power LED (Front and Rear), Input Signal LED, Limiter Active LED
- Connectors: 2 x Locking XLR/F 1/4'' Combo
- Enclosure: 18mm Birch Plywood
- Colour: Black
- Grille: Internal Woofer Cover
- AC Power Input: Universal Power Supply 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- AC Power Consumption: 1/8th Power
- Weight: 40.1 kg
- Height: 610 mm
- Width: 381 mm
- Depth: 498 mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.