View Full Description
Hi-Energy Rare Earth Magnets and Multi-Layered Grille
The ATM510 boasts an element loaded with Hi-Energy rare earth magnets. This powerful design ensures a perfectly balanced sound with high-output capabilities, tremendous transient response, and perfect intelligibility when performing. On top of this, the ATM510 also features an innovative multi-layered grille. This road-ready grille design provides excellent protection for the sensitive components of the microphone, whilst simultaneously ensuring that plosives and sibilance are kept at bay. Combined with Audio Technica's super anti-shock system, the ATM510 boasts jaw-dropping sonic performance with a robust design and dramatically reduced handling noise.
Versatile Cardioid Polar Pattern
Cardioid polar patterns are perfect for a huge range of applications - with more sensitivity at the front of the microphone and significantly less at the sides and rear, a cardioid pattern reduces the capture of ambient noise and unwanted sound sources. This powerful pattern is ideal for live performances and studio recording, be it spoken-word, vocals, instrumentation and more. The narrow angle of sensitivity minimizes bleed from other sources, capturing only what you want to be heard.
"If you’re a house engineer considering a workhorse vocal mic, the ATM510 is a great choice ... If you’re a vocalist looking to buy your own mic to tour with then the ATM510 should definitely be on your shortlist" - MusicTech ATM510 Review.
"The handling noise is commendably low, as is the susceptibility to popping. I checked both mics with my acoustic guitar combo's mic input, and I could manage plenty of level before feedback became an issue." - Sound on Sound ATm510 and ATM610A Review.
"In summary, the Audio-Technica ATM510 is a great sounding vocal mic that has some fabulous design elements to make it excel on stage. If you are restocking your mic locker I would highly suggest that you take one of these out for a spin before you simply decide to go with what might be considered the standard. Give it a shot—you won't be disappointed." - Church Production ATM510 Review.
What's In The Box
- Audio Technica ATM510 Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5⁄8''-27 threaded stands
- 5⁄8''-27 to 3⁄8''-16 threaded adapter
- Soft protective pouch
- Reproduces vocals with natural results across the full vocal range
- Equipped with superior anti-shock engineering to provide low handling noise and quiet performance
- Hi-Energy neodymium magnet provides significantly improved output and transient response
- Astounding off-axis rejection ensures minimum feedback
- Versatile cardioid polar pattern reduces the pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, granting excellent isolation of your desired sound source
- Innovative multi-stage windscreen provides excellent control of popping and distortion from sibilance, plosives and wind noise
- Rugged construction with an all-metal design for years of reliable operation
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type output connector
- Includes Audio Technica's proprietary Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for silent and flexible microphone positioning
- An included soft protective pouch provides safe and hassle-free transportation and storage
- Microphone Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 16kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -55dB (1.7mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Length: 170mm
- Diameter: 53.7mm
- Weight: 258g