Pure CF Sound Engine
The YDP S52 is equipped with a "Pure CF" sound engine. This piano sound was recorded from Yamaha's renowned CFIIIS concert grand piano, heard on stages all over the world. Also it offers an authentic performance experience, allowing players to utilize up to 192 notes at once to provide rich, natural reverberation even on complex passages with flurries of notes and extensive use of the pedal. The YDP S52 will allow you to enjoy relaxed, stress-free playing whether you're practicing at home or playing in lessons.
Synthetic Ivory Graded Hammer (GH) Keyboard
Enjoy authentic grand piano playability with the feel of an ivory keyboard. Highly absorbent materials ensure that the keys retain their superb feel even when playing for extended periods of time.
High Quality Natural Sounding Reverbs
The YDP S52 includes a range of reverb effects that reproduce the natural reverberation heard in concert halls and other performance venues. Enjoy the ambience of concert hall recitals, live gigs in jazz clubs, and more, all in the comfort of your own home. (Refer to the specifications sheet for details on reverb types.)
Stereophonic Optimizer: A New Kind of Headphone Experience
Unique to Yamaha, the Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spacing of the sound and the separation from the piano when listening via headphones, resulting in a spacious sound image that will inspire you to play for hours at a time.
Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC)
At low volumes, bass and treble used to be difficult to hear, however, YDP S52 is equipped with Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), which adjusts the sound automatically, allowing players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume level.
The body of the YDP S52 contains Acoustic Optimizers that regulate the flow of sound and control tone. A new technology developed from Yamaha's intimate knowledge of the acoustic properties of musical instruments, Acoustic Optimizers deliver a natural, smooth sound across the entire keyboard.
Simple Operation using the Free Digital Piano Controller App
Yamaha's special free app, "Digital Piano Controller", allows you to control the YDP S52's many included functions with your iPhone or iPad, for even easier operation. Voices, Reverb, and other settings can be selected while looking at the screen, making it easy to enjoy new functions with ease. You can also save your favorite settings for quick recall at any time.
3 Month flowkey Premium Offer
Yamaha and the piano tutorial app Flowkey have collaborated for a limited time offer to give you 3 months of premium learning. Simply download the Flowkey app on to your smartphone or tablet, register your instrument and begin your subscription. The user friendly interface allows you to learn each song in both a sheet music format as well as a play-along video. Thanks to the adjustable difficulty settings, Flowkey can be used by complete novices and developed musicians alike. Premium Flowkey members have access to over 500 songs covering major hits from pop, classical, rock and more. This intuitive app can even track your playing and offer instant feedback to help improve your skills. Any Yamaha digital piano purchased between 15th July 2016 and 31st March 2019 is now eligible for three months of premium Flowkey access.
For more information, please click the link here
- Width: 1353 mm
- Height: 762 mm
- With key cover open: 976 mm
- Depth: 309 mm
- With key cover open: 317 mm
- With anti-fall brackets attached: 404 mm
- Weight: 37.8 kg
- Keyboard: Graded hammer (GH) keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops
- Number of Keys: 88
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Pedals: Damper/Sostenuto/Soft
- Key Cover: Folding key cover with music rest
- Finish: White
Functions and Voices
- Tone Generator: Pure CF Sound Engine
- Polyphony (Max): 192
- Number of Voices: 10
- Effects: Reverb (four types), Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), Stereophonic Optimizer, Damper Resonance
- Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- User Recording: 1 user song with 2 tracks
- Data Capacity: 100 KB per song (approx. 11,000 notes)
- Compatible Data Format (Playback): SMF (format 0, format 1)
- Compatible Data Format (Recording): SMF (format 0)
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280 bpm
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440.0 - 446.8 Hz
- Internal Memory: Total maximum size approx. 900 KB (User song: One song approx. 100 KB, Loading song data from a computer: Up to 10 Songs)
- Connectivity: Stereo headphone jack x 2; USB-to-host
- Amplifiers: 20 W x 2
- Speakers: Oval (12 cm x 6 cm) x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: Yes
- Power Supply: PA-300C or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Consumption: 14 W (When using PA-300C AC adapter)
- Included Accessories: PA-300C AC adapter; song book (50 Greats for Piano)
Standard Courier Delivery
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option. This will deliver the piano to the ground floor of your house or building. Please note that if there is not a ground floor entrance we may not be able to deliver there. You may also need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes.
This may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are available at an additional cost.
Delivery and Installation Service
This service can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis via a specialist piano delivery company. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed until we have made arrangements with the delivery company. If you would prefer a delivery and installation service, please contact our sales team on 0330 365 4444 who will be happy to set up a quotation for you and provide you with more information on this service.