View Full Description
Endless Sequencing Possibilities
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z provides you with endless sequencing possibilities. It is a completely stand-alone synthesizer and composer providing you with endless sequencing steps, 160 user programmable patterns, and endless pattern chaining. The OP-Z allows for step recording and live recording, with a range of controls for editing your pattern, making it ideal for jamming and live performance.
Introducing Step Components
Step components is a new feature introduced by Teenage Engineering. Step components makes it possible to add unique step behaviors to every one of the 16 steps. The best way to describe this is to think of dual layer sequencing. The first layer is a traditional 16 step-sequencer, whereas the second layer adds variation per cycle, micro-sequencing, direction, note variation, parameter changes, re-triggering, and much more, all on one single step. Adding multiple step variations can create endless possibilities. A handy feature called 'catch up' forces a track to exit at a certain step to stay in sync. All the 14 components have 10 values and behavior programs, resulting in up to 140 ways to alter just one single step.
Image & 3D Graphics Sequencing
By downloading the free OP-Z iOS app from Apple's app store, you have the opportunity to pair your phone and OP-Z together to add several unique features. For example, you can use your phone's camera to take a number of photos, and then arrange them to a beat, essentially creating your own synchronised music video.
Take It Anywhere
Thanks to the super compact design, the OP-Z can be taken anywhere with you. It's about half the size of the OP-1, and still packs a huge amount of power. Fit the device into your pocket and create sequences anywhere and everywhere.
Full Unity 3D Integration
Teenage Engineering have worked closely with Keijiro Takahashi and the Unity Tokyo studio to allow the OP-Z to fully integrate with the Unity game engine. By linking the OP-Z with Unity, it allows users to create anything within Unity.
- Advanced multi-speed 16-track sequencer
- Step component composing
- Endless sequencing steps
- Track independent length
- Track independent speed
- Step Components
- Step recording
- Live recording
- MIDI sequencing
- Image and 3D graphics sequencing
- DMX light sequencing
- Includes free app
- 16 individual and independent synthesis, sampler and control tracks (kick, snare, percussion, sampler, bass, lead, arpeggio, chords, FX slot 1, FX slot 2, tape, mixer, MIDI, CV & trig, light, motion)
- 160 user programmable patterns
- Endless pattern chaining
- 14 multi-program step components for advanced step sequencing
- Integrated MEMS microphone
- Includes USB type C to USB A for charging and control
- Durable design
- Sensors: 6 axis motion sensor (g-force)
- Wireless: Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- Battery: 2 years stand-by time
- Connectors: USB Type C, 3.5mm 4-pole jack
- Dimensions: 212.5 x 57.5 x 10mm (+5mm length for volume knob) (LxHxD)
- Analog devices blackfin 70X DSP
- Cirrus logic audio co-processor
- 1250 MMACS
- 48kHz, 24-bit DAC
- 122dB SNR
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.