View Full Description
Bi-Timbral, 8-Voice Analog Synthesizer
The Sequential Prophet XL is the latest in the Prophet range of synthesizers, made famous originally by Dave Smith Instruments. The Prophet XL features a bi-timbral, 8-voice stereo (16-voice mono) design, fusing the characteristics of classic analog synths with modern-day innovation. At the heart of the Prophet XL is a new sound engine, providing infinite ways to create and sculpt high-fidelity stereo samples.
New Sound Engine
The brand new sound engine acts as the heart of the Prophet XL synthesizer, powering two simultaneous 16-bit/48kHz sample-based instruments, as well as dual high-resolution digital oscillators with waveshape modulation. These instruments and oscillators can be further sculpted and manipulated using the stereo analog filters. This gives you unprecedented control over your sound design capabilities, giving you all the tools you need to create any sound/tone your heart desires.
150GB Sample Library
Sequential are renowned for premium-grade sound design capabilities, especially for their wide sound palette and rich, textured sounds. The Prophet XL boasts a 150-GB sample library, with each sound created by critically acclaimed sound developers 8Dio. The sample library spans every genre and instrument you can think of, ranging from acoustic and electronic instruments to ambient and cinematic effects. You can further shape the samples and sounds through sample stretching, loop manipulation, 4 envelope generators, 4 LFOs, deep modulation matrix and a wide range of other tools.
50GB Internal Storage
In addition to the comprehensive sample library, the Prophet XL also provides you with 50GB of internal storage for storing additional samples. This allows you to incorporate your own sounds for added versatility. Support for user-created sample content is expected to be ready for December, 2018.
The comprehensive control section is accompanied by the five octave, 76-note, semi-weighted Fatar keybed, featuring velocity-sensitive keys with channel aftertouch. The keybed provides fluid playability, highly suitable for pianists and keyboard players, emulating a grand piano keybed for exceptional realism. The synth also includes three OLED displays which provide information on your samples, parameters, sounds, effects and more. The synthesizer is ideal for a range of applications from live and studio keyboardists to music production, as well as sound designers for film, TV, gaming and more. The Prophet XL also features a built-in power supply and USB support as well as touchstrips accompanied by the main pitch and modulation wheels.
- Expanded version of the now renowned synthesizer - Prophet X
- 76-note, semi-weighted Fatar keybed with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Bi-timbral, 8 voice stereo synthesizer
- New sound engine powers two simultaneous 16-bit, 48kHz sample-based instruments
- Two high-resolution digital oscillators with waveshape modulation
- Built-in stereo analog filters
- 150GB sample library created by acclaimed sound developers 8Dio
- Sample library includes acoustic and electronic instruments as well as ambient and cinematic effects
- Shape samples through loop manipulation, sample stretching and other sound-sculpting tools
- 4 envelope generators, 4 LFOs, a deep modulation matrix and more
- 50GB of additional internal storage for importing additional samples
- Integrated power supply and USB support
- Three OLED displays provide information on parameters, controls and more
- Ideal for live and studio applications, as well as sound design
- 16-slot modulation matrix
- 28 sources
- 88 destinations
- 11 additional dedicated sources: mod wheel, pressure, velocity, breath controller, footswitch, LFO 1, LFO 2, LFO 3, LFO 4, Env 3, Env 4
- 2 digital effects on each layer
- Stereo delay, BBD delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, vintage rotating speaker, distortion, high-pass filter, spring reverb, plate reverb
- Full-sized, semi-weighted, 6-octave Fatar keyboard with velocity and channel (mono) aftertouch
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel with selectable range per program (1 to 12 semitones up and down)
- Transpose controls for an 8-octave range
- Hold switch latches held notes on
- Polyphonic glide (portamento)
- Unison (monophonic) mode with configurable voice count
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- USB MIDI
- Sample import jack for USB Stick
- Main stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4″ phone (TS, unbalanced)
- Output B stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4″ phone (TS, unbalanced)
- Pedal/CV: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.)
- Volume: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.)
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Sequencer: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch to trigger sequencer playback.
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 46 x 15.5 x 4.1 inches
- Weight: 33.2lbs (15kg)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.