Sound Quality at Its Best
The Korg Pa4X comes complete with over 1500* ready-to-play sounds including keyboards, band and orchestral instruments, plus electronic and acoustic instruments - from techno to folk, all thanks to KORG's advanced EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine. Sounds have been painstakingly captured using state-of-the-art methods that allow the finest of details to be accurately reproduced. Other sounds include new wind instruments, strings, basses, acoustic and electric guitars, multi-layer stereo grand piano and electric pianos from the acclaimed KORG SV-1 Stage Piano.
Slim, Powerful and Easy to Use
Ideal for players of any style and ability, from beginners to professionals, the dynamic response of the keys on the Pa4X is adjustable to accommodate any playing technique. The main panel has been optimized to ensure that all controls are ergonomically positioned and intuitively located to make every performance feel smooth and natural. The new capacitive TouchView™ display hosts a redesigned graphical interface that is easier than ever to read even under the most demanding lighting environments thanks to the big, bright and bold screen.
Studio Quality Effects
KORG is known for studio-quality effects, and the Pa4X includes the best of the KORG library, with over 140 effect types including reverbs, delays, vintage stomp box simulations, amp and cabinet simulators and more. 4 Insert and 3 Master effects can be used for the accompaniment tracks, while 1 Insert and 2 Master effects can be used for the real-time keyboard tracks. In addition, each track features an EQ with Low, Mid and High controls, and a custom track EQ can be memorized in the Song Play mode, allowing your song to sound its best in any environment. You can also enjoy louder and clearer sound with the included Waves MAXX AUDIO™ that easily adapts to the sound of your musical taste or correcting a problematic live scenario.
TC Helicon® Voice Processor
Also featured on the Pa4X is the TC Helicon Voice Processor - ensuring that your vocals have the highest possible sound quality. up to 4 realistic harmony voices are available, and all can be controlled using the keyboard or MIDI events. Available vocal effects include Double, µMod, Reverb, Delay, Filter, HardTune, Pitch Correction plus Compressor, EQ, Gate, etc. Dedicated knobs (3) and buttons (3) for controlling the most important Voice Processor functions have been added to the top panel and placed within easy reach. Another KORG exclusive is the Adaptive Mic Setting that monitors the input signal and auto-adjusts parameters such as the Adaptive Gate, EQ, Compression and the De-Esser to make the vocals sound smooth and "studio produced". All you need to do is plug your microphone into the balanced XLR connection (phantom power available) and let the Pa4X do the rest!
KORG's XDS Dual Player & Recorder features a crossfade slider for providing non-stop entertainment; load one as the other plays, then crossfade between them, or create a playlist for automatic playback. Two different MP3 or MIDI files can be played simultaneously. MIDI files and even MP3 files can be transposed, sped up or slowed down. There is also a Marker Function to allow direct jumps to a given position in the song, or to create loops between song sections. For live karaoke applications, the Vocal Remover quickly eliminates the vocal track from MP3 songs. Play back a song, play the keyboard, sing along - and everything will be recorded and saved as an MP3 file. You can then play that MP3 file again to add a further keyboard track or voice using the well known "sound on sound" technique. The Pa4X can record your entire performance!
The SongBook can save and access Styles, MIDI files, or MP3s and immediately recall settings such as the song title, genre, artist, tempo, volumes, sounds, muted tracks, FX settings, easy-edit parameters, 4 keyboard sets, 4 pads, TC Helicon® presets, master transpose, and much, much more. Every entry of the SongBook Music Database contains all the settings required to play a particular song, particularly helpful for live use. Another KORG exclusive, the SongBook also includes a renewed Set List function, with a convenient panel-button association for fast recall - making life easier during live gigs. Easily view, create and edit your KORG Pa-Series SongBook entries and Set Lists using a Windows based computer and the handy SongBook Editor. It can also be synchronized with iOS and Android tablets to become your handy external digital music sheet reader (third-party software required).
- 61 Semi-weighted keys with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch
- Elegant, streamlined aluminum cabinet
- Huge 7-inch capacitive TouchView™ display with tilting system
- Easy-to-use panel layout and intuitive redesigned graphical interface
- New EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine
- Improved realism and pristine sound quality
- Massive internal ROM with a renewed PCM database
- Plus up to 400 MB of user PCM data
- Over 1,500 sounds including GM and XG sets
- 512 user Sound and 128 user Drumkit locations with full editing features
- Digital Drawbar Organ sound engine
- DNC (Defined Nuance Control) and realtime articulation:
- Three assignable switches
- Four-way joystick
- Ribbon controller
- Complete sample recording and editing features
- Import audio waveforms in the most common formats including Wav, Aiff and SoundFont™
- Over 500 factory Styles with Intros, Endings, Fills, Count-ins, and Breaks
- 4 Keyboard Sets and 4 Pads per Style,
- 13 Internal user banks and 13 Direct user banks locations for unlimited storage
- Guitar Mode 2 provides more realistic guitar parts
- Chord Sequencer function in Style Play mode records any chord progression on-the-fly
- Chord Sequences can be saved in each Style and SongBook entry
- Search function for quickly locating any musical resource
- New standard MidiFile to Style converter feature
- Keyboard Set Library includes a collection of best ready to play sounds
- Keyboard Sets can be recalled even from Direct locations
- Multiple Effects processors - 142 effect types:
- 4 Insert and 3 Master effects for accompaniment parts,
- 1 Insert and 2 Master effects for Keyboard Tracks
- Waves MAXXAUDIO Mastering Suite: MaxxEQ™, MaxxBass™, MaxxTreble™, MaxxStereo™, MaxxVolume™
- TC Helicon® Vocal Processing: Four-part Harmonizer, Double, µMod, Reverb, Delay, Filter, HardTune, Pitch Correction plus Compressor, EQ, Gate (Adaptive Mic Setting on the Mic input)
- Double MP3/MIDI file players with recording capability, X-Fader and Vocal Remover
- Score, Chords, and Lyric display
- Compatible with most common lyrics formats including graphical (+G) for MP3
- Lyrics can be showed in their original languages (except Oriental and Arabic Languages