View Full Description
Metropolix is the ideal companion for the live performer, with interactive controls that are perfect for jamming and improvising. Transform and shape your sequences with configurable, hands-on control of all the essential performance parameters to create dynamic, evolving sequences to spark your creative flare.
Featuring a Loopy Mode, the Metropolix allows you to instantly play back your sequences and play the stage buttons much like a keyboard for free-flowing performances with a unique flavour and listening experience for your audience.
Two tracks, interconnected
Two tracks (TRK 1 and TRK 2) are variants of a main pitch/gate sequencer, which is programmed via the PITCH sliders, PULSE COUNT and GATE TYPE switches. You can use these two tracks together where they are both variants of a master pitch/gate sequencer to create complementary variations that enable you to generate counterpoint, interesting polyrhythms and huge movement in your sequencing or split them up into two individual tracks to be programmed with the pitch sliders, pulse count, and gate type switch individually.
Each of the tracks has its own playback order, sequence length, clock division, swing amount, slide time and track gate length. Plus, you have additional track-based sequence parameters accessible from the TRACK MENU to adjust Pitch Slider Inversion, sequencer note range, track transposition and more!
You can override the pitch or gate, add ratchets and probability, slide between notes, skip notes and you can feed modulation back into itself for sophisticated self-modulation. The huge array of functionality and versatility is further extended by the three CV inputs with attenuators for external modulation and creative exploration.
Eight lanes of modulation
Featuring eight separate lanes of modulation, accessible via the MOD button, each stage of the modulation has its own editable parameters and route to each of the Metropolix's two assignable outputs or to the dozens of internal destinations, allowing for sophisticated and powerful self-modulation.
64 total recall presets
When performing, it's integral that you have the ability to recall all your favourite configurations and settings on the fly. The Metropolix can store up to 64 configurations in eight banks of eight presets with all settings stored in EPROM, ensuring that your Metropolix will boot up in the same state it was shut down in, even if you didn't the preset! Cleverly designed, the Metropolix presets can change all of the menu-based parameters of your sequencer, without overriding your front panel controls to make sure that you're always in control. Perfect for live performers and studio producers, the Metropolix can be edited to save presets with full recall to change all the panel controls allowing for exact replication every time you use the preset, giving you consistency and accuracy during each and every session.
- 8 step sequencer
- Store and recall up to 64 configurations and settings
- AUX inputs for external sequencing control
- Three CV inputs for external modulation
- Independent pitch, pulse count, gate and slides per step
- Set BPM (turn encoder to adjust or tap tempo on BPM button
- Internal quantizing in any key and a choice of 30 different scales
- Internal clock divider with odd/even/all modes and can also be used to sync stage changes
- Sync output (sets output pulse on the first or last clock step of a sequence, used to slave other sequencers via reset)
- Two assignable AUX inputs for controlling: gate length, transpose, key shift, root shift, sequence length, step divisor and octave offset
- Config menu to set slider pitch range, clock div type, sync type and reset type
- Link header on back to connect to other select Intellijel modules
- Skiff friendly
- Width: 34HP
- Depth: 25mm
- Product code: METROX-3U