View Full Description
Rooted in Legendary History
Described as 'the uncontested sound of metal', the Peavey 6505 was released in 2004 to celebrate their 40th anniversary as a resign of the iconic 5150 range of amplifiers. Made famous by the legendary Eddie Van Halen, the 5150 helped to establish Peavey as a leader in the world of high octane guitar amplifiers. The 6505 builds on that success by offering players the power and tone required to dominate any stage, in any arena.
Designed for the 6505 Speaker Cabinet
To truly experience one of the most iconic tones in metal, the Peavey 6505 head is perfectly matched with the 6505 speaker cabinet.
What Peavey Say...
Metal never dies. Whenever it seems that the genre has been taken to the limit, a new generation comes along and redefines "heavy." The sound of modern metal sets a new standard for brutality and aggression, and to realize this sound, the bands that have led the modern metal movement for the last two decades have turned to the only amplifier up to the task: the Peavey 6505 Series.
Legendary Tone. Legendary Power
Primed by up to six 12AX7 preamp tubes and driven by four 6L6GC power tubes, the 6505 guitar amplifier delivers the tone and high gain power that modern players demand. Plugging into the high gain input doubles the input gain for devastating overdriven tones. On top of that, you can create a second 'lead' tone by engaging the Crunch option on the rhythm channel. In the master section you will find the patented Resonance and Presence controls. Resonance acts as a low-frequency boost, while Presence acts as a high-frequency boost, both allowing you to sculpt your tone. All of this tonal power is housed in an exterior that is built for the rigors of the road.
- High and low gain inputs
- 120 watts (rms) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
- 2-channel preamp switchable on front panel or remote footswitch
- Rhythm channel: pre-/post-gain, bright and crunch switches
- Five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
- Channels share 3-band EQ- Five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6GC power amp tubes
- Channels share 3-band EQ
- Presence and resonance controls
- Switchable post-EQ effects loop
- Preamp output
- Footswitch included
- Lead channel: pre-/post-gain
- Weight Unpacked: 48.00 lb(21.772 kg)
- Weight Packed: 54.00 lb(24.494 kg)
- Width Packed: 12.25"(31.115 cm)
- Height Packed: 28.5"(72.39 cm)
- Depth Packed: 14"(35.56 cm)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.