View Full Description
Ultra Transparent Sweet Sounding EQ
If you really like the tone of your guitar but find it could be a little brighter with a more high end detail, the ParaEq adds a small boost in the range of 3 kHz to 5 kHz and wide Q, while still retaining the sound of your instrument. The Empress Effects ParaEQ offers 3 bands of parametric EQ, each with 3 selectable Q widths, that give you an extremely flexible EQ. The wide Q is perfect for general tone shaping and is extremely transparent. The medium Q is perfect for everyday problem solving like pulling out boxiness from the low mids to reducing harshness and adding bit in the upper mids. The narrow Q excels at notching out problem frequencies and is a saviour for acoustic guitarists when combating feedback issues.
Many guitarists may experience that the acoustics at a live venue sound too boomy. By cutting some of the frequencies in the low mids (200Hz – 600Hz) with a medium width Q, you can minimise the negative effects of the room acoustics on your sound. If you find your guitar isn’t cutting through the rest of the band, you can boost the upper mid frequency range ( 1kHz –4 kHz) instead of simply turning up the volume of your amplifier, which could lead to you just drowning out the rest of the band.
The ParaEq’s mid and hi frequency bands and narrow width Q settings allows you to cut the frequencies causing the undesirable feedback while retaining much of your instruments sonic signature. The narrow width Q setting ensures the range of frequencies being reduced is very small preventing your instrument from sounding dull or muddy.
Placing the ParaEq before your amp lets you use it to shape your distortion sounds. This is ideal if you want the treble of your signal to distort a little more you can boost the high frequency band before it reaches your amplifier. This lets you add a little sonic slicing capability to your sound without muddying up your bottom end.
Whilst using the boost section, you can achieve up to 30dB of clean boost, which can be set to engage with the EQ section to act as a make-up gain when doing subtractive EQ, or can be used completely separately as a pure clean boost. This feature is particularly great for bumping up your volume for solos or hitting the front end of a tube amp for a bit more break-up.
- All Analog Signal Path which delivers the most organic tone possible
- Ultra Transparent Sweet Sounding EQ to enhance your sound without masking the tone of your instrument
- Switchable EQ, for fully over-lapping sweepable frequency selection, and 15dB of cut and boost
- Ultra Quiet operation with other pedals
- Switchable to run off 9/12/18V power supplies
- 30dB of Boost makes it an ideal choice before long effects chains and overdriving tube amps
- Pristine Clean Sound with the distortion to be less than 0.03%
- Uses true bypass or buffered bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged
- Perfect Size of approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5"
Power Input Voltage:9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector:2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption:85mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector:1/4" Jack
- Output connector:1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only):1.5"
- Height (including controls): 2"
- Weight:1 lb
- Q's: 0.5, 1.5 and 3
- Input impedance:1MΩ
- Output impedance: 510Ω
*Power Cable not supplied