View Full Description
Channel 1 is loaded with a EF86 preamplifier pentode valve, which is known for its exceptionally high gain sound. With enhanced gain, Channel 1 provides an intense and explosive sound that allows the amp to drive hard with rich distortion. This channel can be sculpted via its unique controls, which include a 5-position Bass Shape knob that allows users to simply select from a huge array of tones ranging from bright and twangy to full and smooth. There is also a Tone control for adjusting the colouration of the 30H Head and a Volume knob for controlling the overall projection.
Channel 2 has a ECC83 preamp valve, and therefore yields a smooth and rich tonality with a retro feel. This channel also has excellent vintage warmth, and a bell-like ringing top end. There is a 2-Position Voice switch that provides Channel 2 with the choice for a brighter or warmer response. The controls for Channel 2 include Gain which adjusts the amount of overdrive effect, Volume for controlling the amount of overall projection of the channel, and 3-band EQ that consists of Bass, Middle and Treble for altering the presence of the different frequencies.
The Artisan 30H is built to be long-lasting, and it combines vintage style with rugged, road-worthy reliability. It is constructed with finger-jointed birch ply, and with the welded steel chassis, the Artisan 30H ensures sturdiness and durability whilst out on the road. The head also features a strong handle allows players to easily lift and transport the amp head from gig to gig. Rubber feet are also included in the 30H's design, and offer a stable foundation whilst on stage.
Select Either Triode Mode & Pentode Mode
There is a switch on-board the Artisan 30H that allows user to choose between Triode (10 Watts) mode or Pentode (30 Watts) mode. When in Pentode mode, the Artisan 30H delivers a bell-like, ringing sound that features excellent dynamics and a punchy response. Whereas in Triode mode, the amp head yields a more well-rounded, soft and bluesy tone; which comes across darker and offers saturated distortion.
Blackstar's Artisan Series consist of a range of amplifiers, that are each designed to provide an array of classically vintage tones. Artisan amps are handwired, and they feature excellent electronic circuits that are crafted with high quality components, to superb tones. To complete their vintage sound and appearance, the Artisan Series are finished with a deep red tolex.
- Channel 1 (EF86) has 5-way Bass Shape Switch for increased tonal palette
- Channel 2 (ECC83) features 2-way Voice Switch for bright or warm sound
- Triode (10 Watt) delivers darker, mellow distorted tone
- Pentode (30 Watt) yields rich harmonics & bright top end
- Hi Input offers intense break-up & overdrive effect
- Lo Input delivers cleaner tone for use with high output pickups
- Artisan amp handwired with finest quality components
- Constructed with finger-jointed birch ply & durable welded steel chassis
- Red tolex covering provides vintage appearance
- Series: Artisan
- Amp Type: Valve
- Valves: 1 x GZ34, 4 x EL84, 3 x ECC83, 1 x EF86
- Power: 30W or 10W (Switchable)
- Watts: 30 W
- Inputs: Hi Input, Low Input For Each Channel
- Controls: Power Amp Switch, Volume (Channel 2), Treble, Middle, Voice, Gain, Bass Shape, Tone, Volume (Channel 1)
- Channels: 2 - Channel 1 – The EF86, Channel 2 – The ECC83 Channel
- Weight: 17.3kg
- Dimensions: 715 x 289 x 208.5 (mm)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.