View Full Description
The Q8 offers a large full-colour LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a range of advanced features. The dual combo XLR-TRS inputs allow external microphones and line-level sources to be connected, and a built-in speaker and stereo headphone/line out jack provides audio monitoring. The mini-HDMI output allows for video monitoring too, whilst the flexible mounting options allow you to shoot high-definition video anywhere you go.
Full Range, Crystal Clear Audio
Delivering the incredible audio quality Zoom is becoming renowed for, you can record in high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio via the X/Y microphone. The standard XYQ-8 microphone included with the Q8 can be replaced with another optional Zoom mic capsule, the capability to easily change mic capsules makes the Zoom Q8 a versatile video recorder.
A built-in lo-cut filter and foam window allow you to eliminate low-frequency noise and rumble, and there are three Dynamic settings, as well as a built-in compressor and limiter.
Going Beyond High Definition
This handy video recorder goes beyond standard HD, offering 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels @ 30 fps / 24mbps) as well as two types of HD (24mbps and 16mbps for increased storage capability) at frame rates of up to 60 fps at 720p for capturing fast action video. The 160 degree wide angle lense ensures you capture every moment with full realism and sharp definition.
Mounting is no problem with the Q8, not only can it be attached to any standard tripod, it comes with a tripod-to-three-prong converter, giving the versatility of being able to use it with every kind of action camera mount too.
Versatile Built-In USB
The built-in USB port enables live streaming and allows the Q8 to be used as a webcam or USB microphone - perfect for podcasts. It also has the capability to connect with other equipment and computer software for post-production editing.
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC Card (Up To 128GB)
- Imaging Sensor: 1/3'' 3-Megapixels CMOS Sensor
- Optic Lens: Fixed Focus (36cm), F2.0
- Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 / (MOV)
- Video Resolutions:
- 3M HD (2304 x 1296) 30fps
- HD1080P 30fps
- HD720P 60fps
- HD720P 30fps
- WVGA 60fps
- WVGA 30fps
- Audio Formats:
- WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz)
- AAC (Bit Rate: 64 to 320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 48kHz)
- Audio Functions:
- Lo-Cut Filter (80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz)
- Dynamics Control (Limiter, Compressor, Leveler)
- Image Functions:
- Digital Zoom (5 Steps)
- Scene Selection (Auto / Concert Lighting / Night)
- Self Timer (Off / 3 Seconds / 5 Seconds / 10 Seconds
- Display: 2.7'' Wide, Full-Colour LCD Touchscreen
- Built-In Microphone:
- X/Y Stereo Microphone (XYQ-8)
- 120deg; XY Stereo Format
- Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 140dB SPL
- Input Gain: Up To 52dB
- Inputs: 2 x TRS/XLR Combo Jacks
- Output Connector:
- Combined Line/Headphone Stereo Mini Jack
- micro HDMI (Type D)
- Built-In Speaker: 400mW 8ohms Monaural Speaker
- USB: Mini B USB 2.0
- Power Supply: Lithium-ion Battery - 1700 mAh Capacity
- Battery Recharging Times:
- USB: 4 Hours 30 Minutes (Approximate)
- AC Adapter: 2 Hours 45 Minutes (Approximate)