View Full Description
Exceptional audio fidelity on the move
The Zoom H1n Recorder builds on the success of the original Zoom H1, featuring a wide range of enhancements and improvements. The H1n features the same X/Y microphone configuration as its predecessor, allowing you to capture recordings up to 24-bit/96kHz sample rates for optimal audio fidelity.
The X/Y microphones provide an immersive stereo field that captures the essence of your source audio, ideal for everything from live performances to capturing your own music, field recordings, podcasting and more. It can also record in both WAV and various MP3 formats for optimal versatility. The X/Y microphones are stereo condenser microphones in the 90-degree stereo format.
One touch-controls and new improvements
One of the most prominent modifications is the new layout and user interface, comprised of a new monochromatic 1.25-inch LCD display and one-touch button controls. The new one-touch controls make it easier than ever to record songs, samples, live performance, lectures, podcasts and more.
The new monochromatic LCD display makes it easier to monitor your settings and even in the brightest lighting conditions, ideal for use outdoors and more. The protective mic enclosure is also a new addition, with a streamlined body and matte finish.
Never miss the moment
The Zoom H1n also boasts a wide range of on-board features to enhance and optimise your audio recordings. Limiter and auto-level buttons are included for optimising your audio performance, ensuring your sounds do not clip and distort, even when recording high level audio sources.
The recorder provides 120dB SPL of distortion-free recording for a range of applications. The Voice Emphasize Filter and Stereo overdubbing functions make it easier to cater to various recording situations.
The stereo overdubbing function allows you to add unlimited layers of audio for richer and fuller sounding recordings. The Playback Speed function allows you to transcribe music and other recording without altering the pitch. Other functions include auto-record, pre-record and self-timer, ensuring you capture the moment without fail.
Complete with Steinberg Cubase and Wavelab LE
The H1n audio recorder comes complete with recording software to get you started straight out of the box. A free download licence is included for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software. Cubase LE is ideal for musicians, allowing you to incorporate recordings into your productions, as well as applying effects, filters and more. The WaveLab LE is more focused on audio editing, allowing you to get the most out of your recordings.
Portable design and versatile connectivity
The compact, handheld design is highly portable, giving you the ability to capture sounds in immense quality anywhere you go. The recorder runs on 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium or NiMH rechargeable batteries. It can provide up to 10 hours operation with alkaline batteries, ensuring you never miss a moment. It records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards, with support for up to 32GB memory.
It also features a range of jacks and connections such as the stereo 1/8-inch phone/line output jack with dedicated volume control. This allows you to monitor your audio via headphones or another speaker device for quick and easy monitoring. A stereo 1.8-inch Mic/Line in mini-phone jack is also included for use with external equipment.
- Streamlined body with matte finish and newly designed protective mic enclosure
- 1.25-inch monochrome LCD display
- One-touch button controls
- Localized and intuitive menus for easy operation
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones in 90-degree X/Y stereo format
- Stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Stereo 1/8" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Limiter and Auto-Level buttons for input signal and distortion-free recording up to 120dB SPL
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and Stereo overdubbing functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Test Tone and Slate Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Handles up to 120 dB SPL for distortion-free recording
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface
- Sleek white finish
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
- Recording/Playback Format: WAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit, MP3: 48 kbps, 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 256 kbps, 320 kbps
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 128x oversampling
- D/A Conversion:24-bit, 128x oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32-bit
- Built-in Speaker: Built-in 500 mW mono speaker
- Output Impedance: 8 ohms
- Outputs: Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphones)
- Rated Output Level: 20 mW + 20 mW into 32 ohms load
- Output Impedance: 10 k ohms or more
- USB: Micro USB port
- Audio Interface Operation: 44.1/48kHz sampling rate, 16-bit depth, 2-in/2-out
- Power Requirements: 2 AAA batteries (alkaline, nickel-metal hydride rechargeable,
or lithium) Sold Separately
- Dimensions: 1.9 in (W) x 5.4 in (D) x 1.2 in (H), 50 mm (W) × 137.5 mm (D) × 32 mm (H)
- Weight: 0.13 lbs / 60 g (without batteries)