View Full Description
Flexible Input and Output Options
The Zoom F8 is a field-recording workhouse designed with filmmakers and sound designers in mind. Connect anything from phantom-powered condenser microphones to line-level sources with the eight locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks, each with its own gain control, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo button.
Bluetooth Control via iOS Devices
You can control the Zoom F8 from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (5th Gen) thanks to the handy wireless Bluetooth. Easily use functions like Record, Stop, Fast-forward, Rewind, mixer pan, fader levels, and more. You also get realtime monitoring of input levels, time code, and the status of your battery. You can even rename files, add Date/Time info, and enter metadata.
Monitor Audio Your Way
The easy to use front panel controls and convenient 1/4" headphone output allows you to hear your audio in the field and monitor single or multiple tracks. Menu controls let you route audio to your left or right headphone channel, pre- or post-fader, or even mono. The powerful 100mW headphone amp has enough volume for even the noisiest situations. There is also a set of mini XLR outputs for sending audio you studio monitors and more.
Zoom PCF-8 Protective Case for F8
Practicality is at the forefront of the Zoom PCF-8's design. The adjustable dividers mean you can choose how much room you need for your recording accessories. The drawstring sleeves mean you can access and edit your F8's functions without removing it from the case. The clear water resistant case means you can see what you’re doing without having your recorder exposed to the rain.
When recording in any location from gravel to grass, the last thing you want is your Zoom F8 being scuffed or scratched on the ground. The PCF-8's main divider can be removed to create a table top styled surface, to keep your recorder comfortably off the ground. The PCF-8 has an adjustable, removable strap so you can comfortably transport and carry your gear for extended periods.
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AA's and DC battery pack not included)
- Automatic switching of power source from DC to batteries at user-defined voltage levels
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every input
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ⅛" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dedicated headphone output (100mW) with front panel volume control
- 2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochrome mode
- Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
- Built-in tripod mount; camera mount adapter also included
- Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.