View Full Description
Elite, Class-Leading Audio Conversion
The Apollo x8p one of the latest additions to Universal Audio’s revered Apollo series. The Apollo interface series is renowned for its exceptional audio fidelity and class-leading audio conversion. The Apollo x8p builds on this by incorporating new realtime UAD HEXA core processing. It delivers elite-class audio conversion as well as the ability to record with near-zero latency through the included preamp emulations.
The custom A/D and D/a converters provide high-end 24-bit/192kHz audio fidelity. The all-new analog circuitry delivers exceptional sound reproduction providing pristine sound. The interface provides 129 dB dynamic range and -118 dB THD+N, making it perfect for a wide range of sound sources. The 18 x 22 interface includes two Unison enabled mic preamps as well as switchable headroom settings for pro-level studio gear.
Eight Unison Microphone Preamps Provide Pristine Sound
Universal Audio’s Unison microphone preamp technology delivers exceptional sound reproduction with strict attention to detail. The Unison technology allows you to use your Unison-enabled mic preamp simulations with your microphone. The custom technology allows you to faithfully recreate the sweet tones of classic studio gear and preamps.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
The Apollo x8p features all-new HEX Core processing. This unique technology utilises six DSP chips providing up to percent more UAD plugin processing power than previous Apollo interfaces. This gives you the ability to run more UAD plugins simultaneously.
The UAD plugins available provide realtime processing of your sound sources. They span from classic recreations of Pultec EQs to cutting-edge preamp emulations. This takes your recording capabilities to the next level allowing you to achieve rich, three-dimensions analog sound.
Analog Classic Plus UAD Plug-In Bundle
The Apollo x8p comes complete with he Realtime Analog Classic Plus plug-in bundle. This bundle includes faithful recreations of classic outboard gear including authentic emulations of the Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN and Fairchild compressors. It also boasts guitar and bass amp emulations form Marshall and Ampeg for classic-sounding instrument tones. The bundle provides you with definitive emulations of the most iconic analog signal processors in recording history.
Additional UAD plugins are available from a versatile library of exclusive emulations. The emulations span some of the most iconic outboard gear and signal processors. The meticulously crafted emulations are designed to sound and react like the hardware they are based on. It virtually gives you a studio full of iconic analog gear in a single rackspace.
Surround Sound Monitoring and +24dBu Operation
The interface also provides comprehensive support for 7.1 surround sound, ideal for audio/visual work. This is ideal for sound engineers and producers working on audio and music for TV, video games and more. It also includes selectable +24 dBu operation for compatibility with mixing consoles and high-end pro audio equipment. It also features integrated talkback and built-in cues for communicating with artists.
Build A Networked Studio System
One of the most unique features of the interface, is the ability to combine up to four Apollo and six UAD-2 devices. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities when it comes to high-end studio projects. The interface features two integrated Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 macs**. This can grow your processing power, adding fast high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your setup grows.
Ergonomic Design, Versatile Connectivity
The robust and rack-mountable design only takes up a single rack space within your setup. This powerful interface works great as a centrepiece for any professional studio, with illuminated controls for low-light studio sessions. The front of the interface features two Hi-Z instrument inputs located next to the large Preamp volume control.
The front-panel also features built-in buttons for enabling/disabling features and parameters. Buttons included allow you to turn on the Phantom Power, Pad, enable the high-pass filter and switch between inputs. There is also a crisp, detailed monitoring panel on the front which displays all the information about your volume levels, inputs and sample rate.
The rear of the Apollo x8p features six outputs for surround sound as well as dual main monitor outputs. Eight line inputs are also included as well as four XLR microphone inputs. In addition to the the two Thunderbolt 3 connections, the rear features S/PDIF connectivity, Word Clock and the ADAT S/MUX connectivity.
- 18 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 premium-grade audio interface
- Eight Unison enabled microphone preamps
- Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise ratio available — at any price
- Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Record with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology*
- Easily connect to pro-level studio gear with switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
- Work in surround formats up to 7.1*, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated talkback and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers