View Full Description
What’s new in Wavelab 10
Steinberg Wavelab goes from strength to strength with this latest edition of the award-winning audio editing and mastering software. Version 10 is jam-packed with new features, providing fresh and ground-breaking ways to interact with your audio files. A highly useful new tool is the ability to add a reference track within the Audio Montage workspace. This allows you to switch playback between the audio file your working on and a reference track of your choice. This is handy for mastering music, allowing you to get as close to your reference track as possible whilst seamlessly switching between them.
Support for video playback and live-streaming
Version 10 also provides support for video playback, allowing you to arrange, edit and process audio alongside a video track. The high-end video engine is taken from Cubase and Nuendo, ensuring the best quality playback. Audio/visual professionals and moviemakers can rejoice at the in-depth tools on offer including the ability to switch the sample rate of your audio file to the match the sample rate of your montage for a cohesive sound.
Podcasters and live-streamers can rejoice at the new live- input audio stream recording capabilities. This new feature allows you to record and render live input streams through the Master Section and the inserted plug-in chain. From here, you can monitor and even use external effects via the optional Master Section plugins.
New and enhanced plugins
Steinberg Wavelab Pro 10 features enhanced and improved plug-ins with new looks, and redesigned interfaces. Improvements to MasterRig have been made including a new modern mode algorithm, which opens up more possibilities for achieving the perfect sound. The Equalizer module includes new functionality, as well as 2 new cut slopes, and independent linear phase mode for each band. The Vintage Compressor, Tube Compressor, Maximizer, and Autopan feature better looking user interfaces, and enhancements that allow you to produce cleaner audio, whilst offering more flexibility. With further improvements including high DPI support, bleep censor generator, gapless MP3 rendering, and more, Wavelab Pro 10 allows you to get the most out of your audio material.
All-in-one audio editing system
As well as new and improved plug-ins, features, and workflow-oriented updates, Wavelab Pro 10 includes all the popular features and parameters from previous versions. Wavelab Pro 10 provides you with an all-in-one mixing, mastering and editing suite, allowing you to tweak, correct, and craft audio to get the sound you want. Providing a set of tools for enhancing your audio, as well as restoration and audio correction tools, Wavelab Pro 10 allows you to clean up and improve audio quality, to boost them to professional level.
- Video playback support to arrange, edit and process the audio of a video file in synchronization with the visuals.
- Extended external effects support for integrating external effect devices into the WaveLab signal flow via external FX buses.
- Reference Track for adding a reference audio file to the Audio Montage, allowing switching between it and the audio files being worked on.
- External editor support for integrating other audio editors into the WaveLab workflow, allowing clips to be modified in those applications from within the WaveLab session.
- Undo/Redo History is a completely new undo/redo edit history system, also now available for the first time in the Audio Editor workspace.
- Multitrack recording in the Audio Montage.
- Audio Montage Inspector and track list overhaul which delivers user interface improvements in the Audio Montage window, with dedicated controls for audio, reference and video tracks.
- Audio Montage Inline Editing allows complete clips to be opened from within the Audio Montage and non-destructively edited in the Waveform Editor or Spectrum Editor.
- Live input stream recording which lets as many audio streams as the input device/system can handle be recorded/rendered through the Master section and inserted plug-in chain.
- Further improvements including an enhanced audio settings dialog; Marker list and CD list follow playback indicator; import markers from XML files (Pro only); more effects and playback processing in the Master section (Pro only); performance monitor; CD album display in the CD Tool window; real-time rendering with audition; improved third- party VST plug-in support; improved playback and more
- World's leading audio editing and mastering solution
- Highly intuitive user interface
- State-of-the-art spectral editing functionality
- Full M/S compatibility
- MasterRig high-end mastering plug-in suite
- Advanced EBU R128-compliant loudness metering
- Batch conversion capabilities
- Automatic error correction tools