View Full Description
Versatile, powerful sound library
The Steinberg HALion Sonic 3 is a powerful virtual instrument workstation featuring a wide range of studio-grade hand-picked by Steinberg for the best range of instruments on the market. The comprehensive library featuring over 3,000 instrument sounds in total, all created by the sound engineers at Steinberg and Yamaha. The instrument sounds range from rich grand pianos and cinematics sounds to cutting-edge modern synths. The powerful multi-timbral audio engine boasts disk-streaming sample playback as well as high-end virtual analog, granular and wavetable synthesis for optimal versatility when it comes to creating and sculpting sounds.
The intuitive yet streamlined interface of the HALion Sonic 3 VST workstation, makes navigating through sounds and editing parameters easier than ever before. Developed for both studio and live use alike, the HALion Sonic 3’s interface features deep editing controls for changing and sculpting your own sounds from pre-existing presets. The VST workstation also features a range of unique morphing filters, allowing you to seamlessly blend between (and up to) 4 out of the 24 filter types for in-depth control.
The MediaBay sound management system streamlines the way you access your sound libraries. The stage-optimised workflow with dedicated play view places all the controls in an ergonomic layout, allowing you to easily build keyboard splits or layered as well as switch between entire multi-setups with a single command. This improved workflow and unique interface design makes creating and finding sounds easier than ever before.
The HALion Sonic 3 also includes a wide range of built-in studio-grade effects. The effects have been upgraded with the Sonic 3 VST Workstation, with 9 new effects included such as the 3-band Resonator, Vintage Compressor, Tube Saturator and many more. These high-end effects can be applied to instruments to add a new dynamic and tone to your sound, ideal for studio use.
New, powerful additions
One of the most prominent new additions to the HALion Sonic 3 is the Macro Page Designer. The Macro Page Designer allows you to create custom user interfaces with the easy-to-use designer tool. The template-based tool allows you to design your own complete user interface, allowing you to cater to your own sound creation requirements. Six new instrument libraries are also includes ranging from beautiful acoustic pianos to powerful cinematic sounds.
The Library Creator tool allows you to create and export ST sound libraries of your custom instruments. The HALion Script allows you to use scripts to control advanced instrument behaviour and custom script modules. Additionally, the new Combi Library utilises HALions Sonic’s unique layer architecture, designed to combine everything from acoustic instruments to synth patches to create brand new and beautifully rich sounds.
- Easy-to-use yet powerful premier music production workstation for synthesized sounds and breathtaking recreation of acoustic instruments
- Outstanding library, including over 3,000 instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Steinberg and Yamaha
- Powerful multi-timbral audio engine with disk-streaming sample playback and high-end virtual analog, granular and wavetable synthesis
- Wide range of high-end audio effects, including REVerence convolution reverb, VST Amp simulation and many more
- FlexPhraser for dynamically driving beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
- Unique morphing filters, seamlessly blend between up to 4 out of 24 filter types
- MediaBay sound management system for immediate access to the libraries
- Stage-optimized workflows with dedicated player view, rapid building of keyboard splits or layers, and switching of entire multi-setups with a single command
- Full VST Expression 3 support for smart articulation editing in Cubase
- Cross-platform: Windows (VST 3, VST 2, AAX) and macOS (VST 3, AU, AAX) plug-in and standalone support
- Operating System:
- Mac: OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra
- PC: 64-Bit Windows 8.x / 10
- Mac: VST 3 or AU compatible host application for using as plug-in
- PC: VST 2 or VST 3 compatible host application for using as plug-in
- Processor: 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Hard Drive: 40 GB free HD space
- Resolution: 1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
- Hardware: OS-compatible audio hardware
- Other: Internet connection required for activation, account setup, access to manual and personal/product registration. Additional downloads may be required for the installation
- Product Code: 46549