View Full Description
New Upgrades and Enhancements – Version 2.2
Version 2.2 includes a range of new updates and enhancements including improved trills as well as a powerful MIDI-centric features.
Real-time MIDI recording is now available, making it easier than ever to capture your inspiration when it strikes. Improvements for various genres including pop and jazz are also incorporated. You can now use jazz articulations when transcribing your notation for in-depth sheet music.
Powerful new selection tools improve your workflow by making editing and arranging notes easier than ever before. Multiple improvements have also been made to note input and editing for added versatility. You can now also tap in the tempo of your project.
The brackets are bar lines can now be edited within Dorico Pro, as well as including a new music symbols editor.
What's New In Dorico Pro 2
Dorico Pro 2 now offers video support, allowing you to import video and compose to picture, displaying markers and timecode in the score. Attach your video into your session and play it back with the dedicated video window. The new tempo automation controls in Play mode allow you to line markers up with beats to find a tempo for the whole cue. The new smart staff management tools make it easy to lay out even the most complex music. Easily add or remove staves from instruments at any point, or add ossia staves above or below to show alternatives and more. You are now able to copy music from one instrument and paste it to another as slashes, change melodic material to slashes, or quickly input slashes with or without stems, and even automatically fill a range of bars with slashes.
Write & Engrave
Inputting music is quick and easy, allowing you to use both your keyboard or mouse, plus keyboard shortcuts. Your MIDI keyboard can also be used for added convenience. Dorico's unique approach to handling and notating rhythms works by storing the way each individual note sounds instead of the notation on the page, giving you the freedom and flexibility to notate every note according to the musical connect, with the program's advanced understanding of musical rules. Easily write multi-movement and multi-section works such as symphonies, film/TV scores, musicals and operas. Each file can contain as many separate sections or pieces of music as you want. Create several songs or exercises, then compile them into a book in any order. Even write a pile of sketches all in the same file.
Realistic sounds is what makes your music truly convincing. Dorico Pro 2 features Steinberg's complete HALion Symphonic Orchestra library, as well as over 1300 sounds from HALion Sonic SE 2 covering a range of instruments from strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion, all complete with articulations, bowings and playing techniques recorded across the full range of dynamics. Dorico sports the same world-class audio engine as Cubase and Nuendo, delivering pristine sound quality. Additionally, Dorico Pro 2 supports all VST-3 compatible virtual instruments and effects so you can integrate your favourite processors with your work.
Intuitive Layout With Efficient Windows
Dorico Pro 2 offers a clear, simple and streamlined design that places every major control function at your fingertips. The 5 modes are clearly laid out across the top of the application for easy switching between them. Panels are also collapsible to provide easy access to features. As many windows as you like can be opened onto the same project, meaning you can have one in Write mode for input and editing, and the next in Play mode for tweaking and playback.
- Best automatic notation and engraving of any software
- Video support with markers and timecode
- Smart staff management makes laying out complex sections easy
- Unique support for rhythm slashes
- Automatic repeats playback
- Explode and Reduce allow you to quickly paste music to more or fewer players
- Support for 2 conventions of time signatures: one for the scoring stage, other for the concert hall
- Easy note input
- Clear user interface
- Intelligently adjusts notation as you write
- Any number of movements or pieces in a single project
- Stunning playback - nearly 1500 realistic sounds included with articulation, bowings and playing techniques recorded
- Sequencer-style piano roll MIDI editor
- DTP page layout
- Unbarred music, tuplets across barlines, microtonality, all handled correctly
- 3000-plus symbol music font
- Transfer to and from other programs via MusicXML, MIDI, PDF
- Support for VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors (30 included)
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10, Max OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later
- Processor: Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- RAM: 8GB recommended (4GB minimum)
- Storage: 12GB free storage space (SDD recommended)
- Display: Resolution of 1920 x 1280 or greater recommended (1366 x 768 minimum)
- Hardware: OS-compatible audio hardware (ASIO-compatible hardware recommended)
- Internet: Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal product registration (additional downloads will be required for installation)
Dorico Pro and Elements both use the Soft-eLicenser, which allows software to be activated on a single computer. Dorico Pro boxed SKUs include a USB-eLicenser. Customer can transfer Dorico Pro license from the Soft-Licenser to the USB-eLicenser, allowing license to be used on another computer. Dorico Pro download SKUs do not include a USB e-Licenser.