View Full Description
New Upgrades and Enhancements – Version 2.2
Version 2.2 includes a range of new updates and enhancements including improved trills as well as a powerful MIDI-centric features.
Real-time MIDI recording is now available, making it easier than ever to capture your inspiration when it strikes. Improvements for various genres including pop and jazz are also incorporated. You can now use jazz articulations when transcribing your notation for in-depth sheet music.
Powerful new selection tools improve your workflow by making editing and arranging notes easier than ever before. Multiple improvements have also been made to note input and editing for added versatility. You can now also tap in the tempo of your project.
Dorico Elements 2 takes many of the powerful and time-saving features of Dorico Pro 2 to allow you to compose and create scores, providing fluid input and editing and great-sounding playback. Elements offers a variety of modes including Write, Engrave, Play, Print and a limited Setup mode, providing a basic starting point for composing scores.
What's New In Dorico Elements 2
Dorico Elements 2 now offers video support, allowing you to import video and compose to picture, displaying markers and timecode in the score. Attach your video into your product and play it back with the dedicated video window. The new tempo automation controls in Play mode allow you to line markers up with beats to find a tempo for the whole cue. The new smart staff management tools make it easy to lay out even the most complex music. You are now able to copy music from one instrument and paste it to another as slashes, change melodic material to slashes, or quickly input slashes with or without stems, and even automatically fill a range of bars with slashes. More updates include quicker ways to create bar repeats, automatic repeat structure playback, and support for 2 conventions of time signatures (one for the scoring stage, other for the concert hall).
Write & Engrave
Inputting music is quick and easy, allowing you to use both your keyboard or mouse, plus keyboard shortcuts. Your MIDI keyboard can also be used for added convenience. Dorico's unique approach to handling and notating rhythms works by storing the way each individual note sounds instead of the notation on the page, giving you the freedom and flexibility to notate every note according to the musical connect, with the program's advanced understanding of musical rules.
Realistic sounds is what makes your music truly convincing. Dorico Elements 2 features a range of realistic orchestral sounds for you to use including strings, woodwinds and more. Dorico sports the same world-class audio engine as Cubase and Nuendo, delivering pristine sound quality. Additionally, Dorico Elements 2 supports all VST-3 compatible virtual instruments and effects.
Intuitive Layout With Efficient Windows
Dorico Elements 2 offers a clear, simple and streamlined design that places every major control function at your fingertips. The 5 modes are clearly laid out across the top of the application for easy switching between them. Panels are also collapsible to provide easy access to features. As many windows as you like can be opened onto the same project, meaning you can have one in Write mode for input and editing, and the next in Play mode for tweaking and playback.
- Best automatic notation and engraving of any software
- Streamlined version of Dorico Pro 2
- Video support with markers and timecode
- Smart staff management makes laying out complex sections easy
- Unique support for rhythm slashes
- Automatic repeats playback
- Support for 2 conventions for time signatures: one for the scoring stage, other for the concert hall
- Easy note input
- Clear user interface
- Intelligently adjusts notation as you write
- Sequencer-style piano roll MIDI editor
- DTP page layout
- Unbarred music, tuplets across barlines, microtonality, all handled correctly
- Supports VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors (30 included)
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10, Max OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later
- Processor: Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- RAM: 8GB recommended (4GB minimum)
- Storage: 12GB free storage space (SDD recommended)
- Display: Resolution of 1920 x 1280 or greater recommended (1366 x 768 minimum)
- Hardware: OS-compatible audio hardware (ASIO-compatible hardware recommended)
- Internet: Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal product registration (additional downloads will be required for installation)
Dorico Pro and Elements both use the Soft-eLicenser, which allows software to be activated on a single computer. Dorico Pro boxed SKUs include a USB-eLicenser. Customer can transfer Dorico Pro license from the Soft-Licenser to the USB-eLicenser, allowing license to be used on another computer. Dorico Pro download SKUs do not include a USB e-Licenser.