View Full Description
Live and Studio Sequencing
Hermod is perfect for the studio and the stage. Its intuitive design avoids menu diving for quick and easy control over parameters. You can record any performance via the CV inputs, or one of the other connections (including: USB and MIDI) and edit them down with effects.
The step sequencer system is very precise and can be increased to over 512 steps, meaning the scope for composition is extremely wide. Use the piano roll to change pitch and rhythm or even use the randomization tool to create crazy patterns. Whether you’re into precise sequencing, arrangement, and composition or prefer to be as experimental as possible. Hermod has you covered.
Quantize, Swing, Arpeggiator, Random, Euclid, Harmonizer, Deley, and more. The list goes on on and on. The effects found in the Hermod are powerful and worth the price of admission alone. If you’re after a unit that adds yet more flavour and variety to your modular music then this powerful unit is a must have. Using modMatrix you can control the effects with the special EFFECTS mode, or with CC messages and CV inputs. Hermod unlocks your creativity.
You can use Hermod as a simple mono CV/Gate voice or as a polymorphic track with up to eight voices. CV/Gate, velocity, aftertouch, modulation, or as clock track. By using Hermod to control polymorphic tracks, you can add a lot of unique flavour and control to your modular patch.
Connect and Interface
Midi USB devices, Midi Keyboard, Computers, Other Eurorack systems. All of these can be controlled using Hermod. Sequence external drum machines and synthesizers. Arrange a computer’s virtual instruments. Or connect it up to Squarp’s excellent Pyramid system.
- 8-track sequencer and interface
- Polymorphic tracks
- Live unquantised or step-based recording.
- Real-time MIDI effects and effect automation.
- Number of tracks: 8
- Number of sequences: 8
- Number of projects: unlimited
- Number of events (notes, automation) per project: 80000
- Recording resolution: 24ppqn
- Tempo: 1 to 250 BPM
- Maximum number of notes per step (polyphony): 8
- Maximum number of effects per track: 8
- Maximum number of modMatrix destinations per track: 4
- Automation per track: 3 (modulation, pitchbend, aftertouch)
- Note pitch: C0 to B9
- Note velocity: 0 to 127
- Note width: 1/24th to 16 bars
- Track length: 1/4 bar to 16 bars (1 step to 64 steps at zoom x1)
- Zoom: x1 (1 step = 1 quarter notes) to x8 (1 step = 1/32th note)
- MIDI (control Hermod with a MIDI controller)
- USB host (control Hermod with a computer)
- USB device (control Hermod with an USB controller)
- 4x CV in [-5V to +5V] (control Hermod with CV/GATE notes, CV modulation, clock)
- MIDI (sequence/control your MIDI synthesizers with Hermod)
- USB host (sequence/control your computer with Hermod)
- USB device (sequence/control your USB devices with Hermod)
- 8x CV out [-5V to +5V] (= midi range C0 to C10, with C5 = 0V)
- 8x GATE out [0V to +5V]
- 16 backlit silicon button pads
- Menu clickable encoder
- White backlit high contrast LCD screen
- 8x RGB LEDS to display the CV/GATE output voltages
- MicroSD card slot to save/load your projects and upgrade the OS in a flash (SD card included)
- Real time save/load: if Hermod is the master or is slaved, it keeps receiving and sending midi/usb/cv clocks, in order to be always perfectly synchronized.
- CPU: 216MHz ARM
- DAC (CV outputs) resolution: 16-bit (= 0,15mV precision!)
- ADC (CV inputs) resolution: 12-bit
- Width: 26HP (up to 30mm in depth)
- Weight: 290 gr (0.64 lbs)
- Requires a ±12V eurorack supply (consume 310mA from the +12V rail and 30mA from the -12V rail)