View Full Description
The KSM series
The pinnacle of Shure audio innovation. The KSM series has been meticulously engineered to give you phenomenal sound without compromise. Every single microphone in the series is built with premium components, providing you with years of superior sonic performance. Built to handle the most punishing environments, KSM microphones are proof that sensitivity and toughness can live in harmony.
Versatile Recording in the Studio and On Stage
When you need precision, the Shure KSM32 delivers. A linear frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz allows this powerful condenser microphone to capture your sound source with incredible transparency. A soft presence peak between 7kHz and 10kHz ensures vocals are clear and intelligible whilst remaining natural. The KSM32 isn't just for vocals though. No matter what you put the mic in front of, you can expect outstanding results with exceptional detail.
An ultra-thin 2.5µm gold-layered low-mass Mylar® diaphragm provides an excellent transient response. This lets you capture transient peaks with accuracy, ensuring impact and dynamics are reproduced exactly as they should be. You can take advantage of the KSM32's clear tonal characteristics whether you're recording vocals, drums, percussion, guitar cabs, strings, brass, and more. The KSM32 even excels when it comes to recording choral or orchestral ensembles. The Shure KSM32 Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone is an invaluable choice for any situation, both on stage and in the studio.
Built-In Attenuation and LF Roll-Off Switches
Don't fear distortion. The KSM32 boasts high-SPL handling capabilities, enhanced even more so by the built-in switchable -15dB attenuator. Capable of capturing sound pressure levels up to a maximum of 154dB with the attenuator switched on, the KSM32 can faithfully capture some of the most painfully-loud sound sources with confidence.
This intuitive microphone also features a low-frequency roll-off switch. This switch gives you three settings to choose from - Flat, -6dB/octave at 115Hz, and -18dB/octave below 80Hz. These options let you take control and minimise the proximity effect or LF rumble, allowing you to place the mic up close to your sound source. Plus, with an integrated 3-stage pop filter and an internal shock-mount, pops and plosives are dealt with whilst handling noise is dramatically reduced.
In The Box
- Shure KSM32 Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone, Champagne
- A32SM Elastic-Suspension Shock Mount
- A32M ShureLock Stand Mount
- AK32C Zippered Carrying Case
- Protective velveteen pouch
- Premium side-address cardioid condenser mic for highly-critical studio recording and live sound
- Extremely flat extended frequency response for transparent reproduction of your sound source
- Class-A transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion
- Improved linearity across the microphone's full frequency range
- Embossed high-compliance diaphragm provides you with an extended LF response
- Ultra-thin 2.5µm gold-layered low-mass Mylar® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- -15dB attenuation switch allows you to capture extremely high sound pressure levels up to 154dB
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides improved flexibility to reduce background noise or counteract the proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces 'pop' and other breath noises
- Internal shock mount significantly reduces handling noise
- Cartridge Type: Permanently-biased condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms (actual)
- Attenuation Switch:
- LF Response Switch:
- -6dB/octave below 115Hz
- -18dB/octave below 80Hz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on output pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Common Mode Rejection: >50dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Phantom Power: 48Vdc, +/-4Vdc positive pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 4.65mA typical at 48Vdc
- Sensitivity: -36dBV/Pa (16mV) (typical at 1kHz, 1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Self-Noise: 13dB (typical, equivalent SPL; A-weighted, IEC 651)
- Maximum SPL at 1kHz:
- 2500 Ohms Load, Attenuator Off: 139dB
- 2500 Ohms Load, Attenuator On: 154dB
- 1500 Ohms Load, Attenuator Off: 133dB
- 1500 Ohms Load, Attenuator On: 148dB
- Output Clipping Level:
- 2500 Ohms Load: +9dBV
- 1000 Ohms Load: +3dBV
- Dynamic Range:
- 2500 Ohms Load: 126dB
- 1000 Ohms Load: 119dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 81dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Maximum Body Diameter: 55.9mm / 2.2''
- Length: 187mm / 7.37''
- Weight: 490g / 17.3oz.