View Full Description
Need more snap? A simple movement is all it takes. This mini microphone is built for getting into tight spots. Small, precise adjustments are effortless. Simply fine tune the mic's position using the flexible gooseneck to locate the drum's sweet spot.
No more wrestling with cumbersome stands amongst drum hardware. The innovative A75M microphone mounts can be clamped onto any drum. And with 360 degree flexibility, it’s just as easy to mic the underside of your drum. And because the capsules have been engineered to be as small as possible, it's easy to avoid getting in the way of stray drum hits.
Capturing what makes drums special
Drums are loud. When played hard the sound pressure created is enormous. To record drums properly you need microphones that can handle the peaks and pickup the quiet details. Because the Beta 98AMP/C can handle very high sound pressure levels – they comfortably capture the explosive sound of live drums.
Combined with the light weight diaphragm. The subtle idiosyncrasies of a live drummer will be faithfully reproduced in astounding detail. The Beta 98AMP/C translates the visceral experience of drums through your speakers.
Don’t lose detail to spill
Spill can make it almost impossible to mix your drums. To avoid it you need microphones to pickup exactly what you intend. Which is why the Beta 98AMP/C has a uniform cardioid polar pattern, which rejects sound coming from other parts of the kit. So when you mix a snare, you are mixing a snare and nothing else.
Legendary Shure durability
Don’t be fooled by the mic’s diminutive design. The Beta 98AMP/C boasts the rugged tour-tough construction Shure are renowned for. An enamel coated metal enclosure and stainless-steel inner grille can handle the knocks and scrapes from any drum performance.
Shure rigorously test all their microphones to guarantee their durability in almost any environment. The Beta 98AMP/C has been subject to heat, cold, humidity and the ‘Shure drop test’. A microphone that is built to last.
Included In The Box
- 1 x Beta 98AMP/C Instrument Microphone
- 1 x A75M Universal Microphone Mount
- 1 x Snap-Fit Windscreen
- 1 x Zippered Carrying Bag
- Precision-engineered design with integrated preamp & XLR connector
- Tailored frequency response specifically for drums and percussion
- Flexible gooseneck design allows for ultra precise positioning
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern rejects unwanted spill
- Metal construction & stainless steel inner grille for legendary Shure durability
- A75M Universal Microphone mount with quick release, for secure instrument and stand mounting
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Output Impedance: 150Ω
- Sound Pressure: 157.5 dB(A)
- Connectors: XLR
- Requires Phantom Power: 11-52 VDC
- Weight: 130 g