View Full Description
Windows or Mac
The Firface UC uses two different firmware versions with different transfer methods to remove current restrictions of typical USB audio interfaces. The unit's operating mode Win or Mac can be changed directly at the unit at any time. Under Mac OS the Fireface's MIDI ports are class compliant, the operating system therefore automatically uses the included MIDI driver.
Under both Operating Systems the available latencies are impressive. The smallest buffer offered under Windows has 48 samples, under Mac OS X 14 samples. With this RME provides a performance previously not available from USB audio interfaces.
The Fireface UC contains eight analog inputs and outputs, all of which are balanced except outputs 7/8. These all feature software-controlled reference levels, which ensures extremely high dynamic range and fidelity. Inputs 5-8 feature RME’s proven level references, -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Lo Gain can be selected in the settings dialog. This ensures the Fireface UC is suitable for a range of sound sources. Monitoring the audio is also helped by the hi-power phones output offering high volumes even with low-impedance headphones.
The Fireface UC features 2 balanced microphone inputs with a digitally controlled input stage, individually switchable 48V phantom power and Neutrik Combo connectors for XLR and TRS. The preamps are capable of providing gain up to 65dB whilst maintaining extremely low noise. This is perfect for low level sound sources.
One ADAT I/O allows the user to connect to mixers and converters. In combination with an ADI-8 DS/QS or OctaMic II, this provides up to 16 analog inputs. The coaxial SPDIF I/O (up to 192 kHz) is fully AES/EBU compatible. SPDIF can also be accessed through the optical I/O. The Word Clock input and output plus two MIDI I/Os ensure the Fireface UC can perform in a range of both studio and live applications.
Access to RME Audio software
All RME Audio interfaces come with access to a range of software including TotalMix FX. With TotalMix FX, all inputs and outputs can be freely routed and mixed. Up to nine independent submixes can also be created, ideal for studio environments. Each submix and output created can then be recorded without further cabling. This makes the Fireface UC ideal for working in rooms where space is at a premium.
TotalMix will also operate with MIDI controllers, allowing you to take your eyes away from the screen and focus on the mix. For live environments, TotalMix Remote is perfect as it allows you to control the mix via a device connected to the same network. This means you can walk around the room to assess the sound and make the necessary changes.
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all I/Os (including 2 ADAT channels with SMUX4)
- Two digitally controlled Mic Preamps in high-end quality
- Two balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Enhanced stand-alone operation with rotary encoder and front panel display
- TotalMix: 648-channel mixer with 42-bit internal resolution
- 54 Level Meter Peak/RMS, hardware-calculated
- Input AD: 6 x 1/4" TRS (4 x Line, 2 x Line/Instrument), 2 x XLR/TRS Combo connector (2 x Mic/Line), all servo-balanced.
- Output DA: 6 x 1/4" TRS, servo-balanced, DC-coupled signal path. 1 x 1/4" TRS unbalanced
- Input Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
- Output Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical, SPDIF coaxial (AES/EBU compatible)
- MIDI: 2 x MIDI I/O via breakout cable (4 x 5-pin DIN jacks), for 32 channels low jitter hi-speed MIDI
- Dynamic range AD: 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- THD AD: THD+N AD: Crosstalk AD: > 110 dB
- Dynamic range DA: 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA (unmuted)
- THD DA: -100 dB (0.001 )
- THD+N DA: -96 dB (0.0015 )
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Input/Output level for 0 dBFS:
- @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Sample rate internally: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 128, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Sample rate externally: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Frequency response AD/DA:
- -0.1 dB: 5 Hz - 20.4 kHz (sf 44.1 kHz)
- -0.5 dB: 1 Hz - 43.3 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- -1 dB: 1 Hz - 80 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Driver support: Windows XP (from SP2), Vista, Vista 64, 7: Full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM and ASIO 2.0. WDM (DirectSound) with stereo and multi-Channel support. Mac OS X (10.5 or higher) Intel: Core Audio, Core MIDI.
- System Requirements: Computer with at least Pentium Core 2 Duo CPU (see the list of Tested Systems with USB chipsets)
- Product code: FIREFACE-UC
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.