View Full Description
Maximum expression with velocity-sensitive keys and pads
Translate emotion into sound with the highly expressive keybed. The velocity-sensitive keys react to the force of your touch. For example, striking the key hard will result in a more brash and in-your-face sound; subtly pressing the key will result in a softer tone ideal for adding nuances to your performance.
The onboard performance pads have been upgraded from the MK2, with a larger and more expressive design. The pads also react to the force of your touch, resulting in more dynamic performances. The backlit pads are perfect for finger-drumming, triggering samples, creating melodies and much more.
New ways to create melodies and chords
The Launchkey MK3 employs multiple new ways to interact with sounds and new ways to create melodies. The new three chord modes allow you to trigger chords from hitting a single note. This is highly useful not only when creating music but also for live performances. The three chord modes are comprised of fixed, scale and user, with the latter allowing you to dictate your own chord patterns.
The new scale modes also allow you to transpose both the keybed and pads to trigger notes in a selected scale. This is ideal for creating melodies, allowing you to hit any key and create something coherent and in key. The versatile arpeggiator allows you to create rhythmic melodic pieces with ease.
In-depth integration with encoders and transport controls
In addition to expressive keybed and pads, the Launchkey MK3 employs a range of transport controls and encoders for maximum control of your music software and virtual instruments. The encoders are perfect for controlling automation and tweaking parameters within instruments and effects. The deep integration with Ableton takes the transport controls to the next level, minimising the need to switch computer and controller.
Complete with jam-packed music software bundle
Get started straight out of the box with the included powerful music software. First and foremost, Launchkey MK3 comes complete with Ableton Live Lite which is a powerful DAW which allows you to start producing and making music. Serato Sample LE is also included, allowing you to slice, re-arranged and manipulate samples in real-time. Serato Sample LE also includes the legendary Pitch ‘n’ Time timestretching and pitchshifting algorithm for maximum audio quality when slicing samples.
A FREE two-month subscription to Splice Sounds allows you to explore millions of premium-grade, royalty-free loops, samples and presets. New sounds and releases are made live daily allowing you to explore new vibes every day.
Completing the software bundle is a wide range of powerful virtual instruments and effects. Included are: Spitfire Audio LABS – Expressive Strings, XLN Addictive Keys, Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette and AAS Session Bundle. You also gain access to the Sound Collective – an exclusive service for Novation hardware owners, providing you a new free plug-in every couple of months.
- Designed for Ableton Live – Immediate access to all the controls you need
- Create and play with feeling – Velocity-sensitive keyboard and 16 velocity-sensitive pads enable expressive and dynamic performance
- Get creative with chords – Three chord modes (fixed, scale and user) let you trigger chords with one finger
- Never hit a wrong note – Scale modes transpose keys and pads to notes in the selected scale
- Capture MIDI – One-touch access to Ableton Live’s Capture MIDI feature means you’ll never lose an idea
- Get melodies moving – Powerful arpeggiator takes you to new melodic, harmonic and rhythmic places
- Control anything MIDI – Five-pin MIDI output works with any MIDI-compatible device
- Easy-to-read screen – 16x2 character screen lets you easily see the state of what you’re controlling or selecting
- Make music immediately – Free software, including Ableton Live 10 Lite, virtual instruments, plugins and sample packs let you start creating straight away
- Shape your sound – Tweak instruments and effects to perfection using eight rotary encoders
- Make Launchkey your own – Four Custom Modes enable you to create unique control setups for any performance or studio rig, using Novation Components
- Keybed: 37 velocity sensitive keys
- Display: 16x2 char screen
- Performance Pads: 16 RGB backlit velocity sensitive pads
- Other: Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Knobs: 8
- MIDI Connectivity: 5 pin MIDI out socket
- Transport and Performance Controls:
- Arm/select buttons
- Arp/scale/fixed chord buttons
- Octave up/down buttons
- Play/stop/record/loop button
- Track navigation buttons
- Capture MIDI/quantise/click/undo buttons
- Stop/solo/mute buttons
- Scene launch button
- Device select/device lock buttons
- USB Connectivity: USB B
- Other Connections: Sustain pedal 1/4” jack socket, Kensington security slot
- Power: USB bus powered
- Product Code: NOVLKE37MK3