View Full Description
The Only Cartesian Sequencer
The Rene series takes its name from the famous French philosopher and mathematician Rene Descartes. The Rene module utilises his versatile Cartesian coordinate system to create a non-linear analog sequencer. This revamped design now includes a new Axis for more powerful sequencing capabilities.
The new design turns the Rene into a n-dimensions matrix for synthesizer sequencing. The possibilities are endless with the flexible controls and the including of the new Z-axis, allowing you to modulate through any combination of 64 stored STATEs.
All programming is done in real-time, making Rene the perfect performance sequencer. Its versatile connectivity and wide range of controls makes it one of the most flexible sequencer modules on the market.
Three-Dimensions of Composition
Building on the success of the original module, the 2018 version now includes three-channels instead of one. The multiple channel design provides added flexibility for sequencing, allowing you to modulate external signals through the combination of STATEs.
Conventional sequencers normally include 16 steps. The Rene is not limited to 16 steps because of the unique non-linear design. Instead of using steps, Rene maps coordinates to location within the grid, allowing you to move in ways that you cannot with a standard step sequencer. This gives you the maximum amount of controlled musical variation.
Each axis is driven by the clock and control voltage, which generate a number from 0 to 3. These numbers act as the coordinates for the next location which the sequencer will go to. The simple design makes for complex sequencing capabilities, never before seen in the modular format.
Visualisation Of Patterns and Programming
The Rene provides visual indication of Programming choices, display via the 16 illuminated touch buttons. The all-new touch sensing technology has been tested on the most commonly used Eurorack power solutions, ensuring stability and reliability.
The patterns are also visualised via the 16 illuminate knobs. The ability to utilise both Snake and Cartesian patterns at the same time makes for interesting sequencing results. You can Store all the programming from your Rene in one of the 64 STATEs, allowing you to recall them for later use. This makes the Rene the perfect performance sequencer, with illuminated controls and versatile connectivity.
Versatile CV Connectivity
The Rene includes a range of CV patch points for communicating with external modules and instruments. The three CV outputs allow you to control the pitch of the timbre. The three Gate outputs allows you to generate musical events on the fly. It can communicate with TEMPIO via the Select Bus to Select, Store, Revert, Multi-Paste and MESH STATEs. The fun programming options per axis takes sequencing into the modern world, providing a new way to create rhythms, patterns and sequences.
- Innovative non-linear sequencer module, inspired by the Rene Descartes
- 3 CV outputs for controlling pitch or timbre
- 3 Gate outputs for generating musical events
- Snake and Cartesian patterns available simultaneously
- STORE all Programming in one of 64 STATEs.
- New Z-Axis allows for modulating through any combination of 64 stored STATEs
- All programming done real-time, programming of René is a key performance element
- Visualization of pattern activity always displayed on left half with 16 illuminated Knobs
- Visual indication of Programming always displayed on right half with 16 illuminated touch buttons
- Communicates w/ TEMPI via Select Bus to Select, Store, Revert, Multi-Paste and MESH STATEs
- Maximum amount of artist controlled musical variation, derived from minimum amount of analog data input
- All new touch sensing technology tested successfully on the most commonly used euro rack power solutions
- Width: 34hp
- Max Depth: 24mm