View Full Description
Music is a highly emotive subject, each song is the outpouring of the musicians' feelings and emotions. That's why during the recording process communication between artist and producer is essential. The 8pre-ES features a talk-back microphone and front-panel talk button. This allows you to converse with the artist, regardless of where you're positioned in the building. Even if you're not in the same room, the direct communication allows you to be upfront with your ideas for development. The ability to clearly communicate enables you to take charge of your sessions.
The finest preamps
From drums to strings, and pianos to vocals. It's hard to make bad recordings when you've got MOTU preamps in your set-up. These studio-grade preamps guarantee crystal clear, transparent reproduction of virtually any instrument or voice. Their low-noise floor and extensive dynamic range makes every source sound wholly natural. So much so that upon later playback, you'll be forgiven for forgetting that you're not in the same room as the artist!
Polished sounds from the get-go
The MOTU 8pre-ES comes complete with its very own integrated digital mixer. Thanks to its large-console format consisting of 48 channels, seven stereo buses and 32-bit effects processing, you'll feel right at home and will be able to achieve polished results before you've even pressed record.
Incredibly versatile, the on-board classic reverb is capable of producing decay times of up to 60 seconds. Whether you're emulating the the vibe of small drum rooms, or the feeling of falling into oblivion, it'll feel like anything is possible with this reverb in your set-up.
Sculpt your sound using the four band parametric equaliser. Inspired by the iconic range of British consoles that were used when making classic albums for the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Queen and Sting. This EQ offers unparalleled surgical precision when it comes to tonal shaping.
Tame your dynamics with the fat, warm sound of optical compression. Modelled on the iconic LA-2A compressor, you'll be taken right back to the golden age of recording. This compressor is perfect on acoustic instruments, kick drums, basses, electric guitars and vocals.
To make the most of your 8pre-ES connect it directly to a wireless router (not provided). This allows you to use your laptop, phone or tablet to manipulate the internal mixer and on-board processing. There's no need for installation drivers either, it's web based! This means you can use your preferred browser on any device as long as you're operating on the same network.
- 24-in/28-out hybrid audio interface perfect for studio and live sound applications
- ESS Sabre32 DAC technology delivers 123dB of dynamic range and superb audio quality
- Optimised drivers yield round-trip latency as low as 1.6ms at 96kHz via Thunderbolt and 1.9ms via USB
- See signal activity at a glance via dual LCD screens with detailed metering
- Access your hardware settings from a simple and convenient front-panel menu
- Eight great-sounding microphone preamps with dedicated sends, switchable pads, and phantom power
- Expand your system with additional gear through 16 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O
- Includes built-in talkback mic with front-panel talk button and A/B speaker select buttons
- Max Bit Rate (bit): 24
- Sample Rates (KHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- 8 x XLR/TRS "combo style" mic/line/instr inputs
- 8 x 1/4" TRS line out (balanced, DC coupled)
- 2 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- Power Supply: Mains Adapter
- Weight(g): 2004
- Dimensions: 48.3 x 17.75 x 4.5 cm
- System Requirements (PC): Windows 7 or later, Android
- System Requirements (Mac): OS X 10.8 or later, iOS
- Product Code: 8PRE-ES
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.